Chapter 73

Instead of immediately returning to EDSD, in that moment Naell instincts decided to head elsewhere.

It was a swift and reasonable decision upon seeing the crowds of people that blocked their path to the school.

In addition, they already knew of an inn near TRM that they were certain would be worth a visit. Thanks to that, Owly HOOTed with no complaints as he patiently thought of the food that awaited.

After a while, upon approaching the outermost part of the inner circle, it became apparent to both of them that only locals or adventurers frequented this location.

• We are here, HOOT! •

Said Owly as a happy look formed on his face, with Naell being no different.

Like its neighbouring establishments, the inn looked simple, yet it was far more appealing for its design; a furbished two-storey house decorated with handmade ornaments.

It was constructed with a steep, brown and overlapping pitched roof. Its gables were front-facing and the walls were made of dark wooden timber frames.

The structure itself was unique, resembling a traditional middle class home with hints of dwarven and elven styles.

As they looked around the whole building and appreciated its aesthetic, they couldn't help but suddenly cringe from reading the name of the inn.

"Let's just go inside..."

• Agreed, HOOT... •

It had been weeks since the establishment was built, yet it was their first time going in as customers.

Upon nearing the door, loud cheers of glee were already heard from within. This brought a smile to both Naell and Owly as they knew the inn was booming with customers.

Yet as soon as they set foot inside, the atmosphere changed as what welcomed them were gazes of pure shock.

"The young master of Beryldot..." Murmured some.

Judging from his appearance alone, from the unique white hair to its complimenting pair of cold eyes, the commoners were well aware of who he was.

Not to mention, it was a widely known fact that a fat owl would often accompany Naell, with this owl in particular regularly seen atop his head.

The commoners immediately adjusted their posture. Others even halted from eating as they felt conscious of their manners.

"..."

The entire scene had quickly made Naell and Owly uneasy. It was their first time experiencing that many collective gazes.

Luckily for them, it didn't last long as the little lady who came running with a smile dispersed the awkward silence.

"Brother! Owly!" She exclaimed, earning her a HOOTing hug from the large bird that she happily accepted.

"Hello, little one." Replied Naell who patted the giggling Anna.

The commoners then bowed down with their heads welcoming his presence. In return Naell gestured his hand to ease them and proceeded to add on,

"Please, there's no need..."

Sighs of relief then emitted from the people.

Not long after, the grandfather of Anna welcomed them. He then added on as he guided them towards a vacant table.

"Young master, little owl sorry for the late greeting, I was upstairs preparing a room for some guests."

Naell then shook the old man's hand as he replied,