Chapter 74

As the quarter finals began, the intensity had also risen from the matches.

Since losing meant elimination, all of the participants used everything in their arsenals--- all but one lazy white haired man.

From the usage of complex magic to one's personification of aura, the spectators were filled with awe from all the unique arts and magic.

Especially at that moment where Namiku and Rinca's bout had finally begun.

In fact, when the line up was posted, the particular duel caused uproars from students, guests, and teachers alike.

Afterall, who would have even thought that the daughters of two named martial artists would compete for the first round.

It brought forth huge expectations, and truly both of them didn't disappoint; the match between the princess, and the so-called "duchess of ice" was entirely unprecedented.

Rinca as early as the fight began, immediately felt the difficulty of clashing head on with Namiku.

The princess' martial arts were so advanced, she would incorporate different techniques with ease.

If it weren't for her rapier, Rinca's body wouldn't be able to take the full blow of her punches, much more Namiku's deadly kicks.

Yet it was Namiku's overwhelming aura that really put a burden on her.

As the black and pinkish hues continued clashing, it seemed that Rinca's genuine aura was outclassed by Namiku's chaotic aura.

It was an overbearing spectacle as the lighter color dwindled within the dark. Some of the spectators then couldn't help but say,

[ Well, I guess even the 10th swordsman would lose to the King's gambit. ]

[ Fair to say, his daughter is just stronger. ]

Those murmurs and whispers were scorned at by Andrew and his friends. It was not wrong to say that they felt perplexed from seeing two of their friends fight.

Yet what irritated them the most was how onlookers couldn't see that neither really outclassed the other.

Instead, they were both giving it their all. That then soon became evident as Rinca's disadvantages soon became her strength.

If one would compare Namiku's martial arts to a fiery blaze that specialized in obliteration, Rinca's martial arts were like water and wind; flexible yet filled with the ever intention of attacking one's weakest points.

That was why instead of just attacking to the fullest, Namiku had to adjust her style and fully coat herself with aura.

Not only that, exchanging with her bare attacks was Rinca's rapier. The piercing techniques from the young miss of Arigare, restricted her from taking the lead.

Yet what surprised Namiku the most was how the flow of Rinca's attacks were mostly able to deflect her.

By the time the audience realised how foolish they were, both of their martial arts were deemed to be on par with each other.

As the battle continued, cheers and roars loudly echoed throughout the arena.

Rinca would sometimes pierce Namiku's aura, thus halting her attacks.

In return, Namiku would occasionally turn the tide in her favor, with kicks that in an instant could overpower Rinca.

One could say that the combination of Namiku's flurry of kicks and bulldozing punches were like a series of riddles; wherein upon every question, more difficult one's would arise for her opponent.