Chapter 55

"Did you pack the sweets, HOOT?"

Naell lied across his bed, feet planted on the floor as he stared up at the ceiling. The sun had not even shown itself when the two were already done preparing.

Around them were several bags that were ready to be [ poofed ] away. With the owl's question, Naell cheekily smiled as he replied,

"Sharing is caring Owly."

"...I have my own, that's for Lily and your mom, HOOT."

Naell then clapped sarcastically and replied,

"Oh my, Owly is learning."

The young owl glared at the lazing man, emotionless and lacking mercy. He then flexed his talons and made its shape sharper. This surprised Naell.

"And soon you'll learn how sharp my beak and claws are, HOOT."

Naell's response to him was delayed, as he blankly stared at the owl's claws. At that moment he felt confused and wished to understand the science behind Owly.

"I... jest. Waking up early makes me really cranky."

Owly then looked at him smugly and with a HOOT of triumph agreed.

Upon the end of their winter exams, schools in Mundo would then take their holiday off until the second week of spring.

Naell and Owly within the past months had been looking forward to this vacation. Firstly because it had been chaotic for them.

The herbs they spread with instructions on how to efficiently utilize, began growing in popularity with both commoners and nobles alike. It was sought throughout every kingdom, likewise was he who mysteriously pioneered the innovation.

All the merchants Naell shared the knowledge with were investigated. Yet all kept their mouths shut, as thanks to him, they themselves earned a large profit in many ways.

Not to mention they garnered improved relationships with the villages they've visited, and saved a lot of lives in the process.

Naell and Owly also gained money, as the merchants gave them some of their profits, making him and the owl overjoyed.

The Adventurer's guild, however, was suspicious especially Tahina and Loknar who knew of the mission they did. Yet since they were denying it, they could only persistently ask.

Much to their dismay, Loknar and Tahina could only sigh and nod to the duo's sham excuses. Although the adventurer's guild was the one responsible for the decree of the right to privacy, much like the royal family, they are not allowed to impose on any of their adventurers.

Going back, the merchants Naell chose would never betray him. Not only were they saved by him, they also viewed him with much respect.

Still this did not change the fact that for them, Naell should have grabbed the recognition and the awards. Yet when he said he didn't want it, they understood and were filled with awe from his humility.

Little did they know, Naell simply didn't want the recognition, as it would prove fatal to his mission; This being his goal of becoming a self-sufficient hikikomori, and a part time Baron of Beryldot.

As they finished [ poofing ] the last of their bags into Naell's spatial ring, all that was left was for them to finally take their leave.

The campus seemed to be void of students as they approached the school gates. Some guards had even greeted them and asked why they left so early, to which Naell responded,