Chapter 77

Hey everyone, Ne here! 

Just another thank you to all our patrons: alexis, Danielle, Mordie, Graeme, Bonobo, Evelyn, Brandon, Uyr, ghost750x, Payfortunate, Tyler H, Belduim, Jerry, blindtactic, quiscon, Konstantinos, JD, Conteur, Karan, Professor Akira, Jeffrey, Dennisse, and Zonker! They've stuck around for a while even after the hiatus and deserve some love.

If any of you wish to see the official downloadable arts, advanced and work in progress chapters, feel free to check it out at patreon.com/nezothecat 

Every 100 patrons we upload a public glossary page for each TNBS character so that's something to look forward to >:3

Finally on behalf of NeZotheCat, we're really happy to see you all still popping up on notifications and reading this novel. The energetic comments somehow always make our day so much better.  

Thank you to all of you and with that, we hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

*******

[ Did Naell just--- ]

[ Stardust was subdued! ]

"..."

What everyone within the arena had just witnessed was nothing short of incredible. In truth, even as the icy atmosphere began to slowly dissipate, Naell's control in his element and confidence in its ability to overpower [ Stardust ], lingered in everyone's minds.

Students and teachers alike were happy that the bout was in the sports festival.

Had it been a spar under the subject P.E, it would have already ended as Naell and Lesjon had already managed to hit each other.

Yet far from being a simple spar, all the snow that could seep its way into Lesjon's shield was melted before it could even dare fall.

On the other hand, his flames were also instantaneously extinguished just by being near the cold air Naell's snow emitted.

"That's a hefty improvement, cousin."

Lesjon was the one who spoke first. From that exchange, he knew Naell, like him, still had a lot of stamina.

"And you're as fierce as ever, young master." Replied Naell, earning him a smug smile from Lesjon.

Unlike their first bout where it was apparent that Naell was having a hard time, it was clear that his cousin could now go toe to toe with his spells.

That was why Lesjon couldn't help but be curious as to what his cousin's new limit was. He then thought to himself,

'Can't wait to test it out.'

Just from the escorting mission they had done before, he already figured that Naell had far more freedom in wielding his abundant mana.

Yet he did not at all expect it to be at that level, [ Stardust ] was afterall a spell that was quite possibly the epitome of complex magic.

Not to mention, the way in which Naell dealt with [ Stardust ] was unique to his own abilities.

It was always known that making the fearsome spell detonate elsewhere was the preferable course of action to many. On the other hand, this time its explosion was completely negated.

Only those who were either ignorant of the effects of [ Stardust ] or confident in their skill would be able to disregard such a thing.

That was why all who watched were impressed, as Naell was the latter.

"So Naell really knew he could overpower Stardust?" Asked Viola still shocked, to which Owly nodded in response,

• His detection's certainly one of a kind, HOOT. •