Chapter 120

.

.

.

When Naell's narrative ended, almost everyone who had heard him looked so surprised, yet not a single sound- not even a gasp left their lips.

"The fire was caused by her awakening, but don't worry, she has it under control... Although she's resting now."

"And who is... 'she'?"

Whilst Owly was busy eating and seemed unbothered by the turn of events, Kent's mind was racing and processing who Naell said he had brought with him; even his mother and other relatives present felt the same.

"This here is Phoenix, she's a very dear friend of Pe— Sire Pegasus."

As for Tucker, his frozen state was no different from his son. Although he was glad that the random fires were not caused by terrorists and would now cease, the fact that it all came from Phoenix, a supposed sworn ally of Pegasus, was beyond him.

"She is also a former guardian of the celestials, and so was your ancestor."

Nevertheless, he knew it was true. As a chieftain, there was of course information only passed down to their bloodline with the utmost confidentiality. Much like how Pegasus was the guardian of speed at one point.

A gust of wind then rushed throughout the room as Tucker stood tall and stretched his wings. All eyes were on him when in one fluid motion, his wings bent together with his knees as he knelt on the ground infront of Naell. He then said, "Thank you for bringing us Lady Phoenix."

This had shocked most of them even more, especially the young master of Beryldot. With a grateful tone, the chief then added, "Our forefather would be glad to have his dear friend on our lands."

Upon ending his words, all of the winged beastmen bowed down as well. Although they were taken aback and didn't really know what was happening, a friend of their forefather was certainly an esteemed guest of theirs.

Yet for the duo, it was quite a sight to see; angel-like beings with wings as soft as cotton and as shiny as the most lustrous coats.

And with their magnificent stature, Naell could only awkwardly wave his hand and dismiss their gesture, "Please, she also saved my life."

Luckily, that had managed to stop them, and after a while, their discussion started once more with Tucker Freide citing his side of the story, a tale only passed down to their direct line of chieftains.

"Pegasus, our great ancestor entrusted a great responsibility to our tribe..." All of them listened intently as their leader continued to remind them of their past.

"...A friend of his would one day arise, and we were to welcome them when the time would come." Naell then realized how that vow had now been fulfilled.

Moments later, Tucker ended his story with a pleased look on his face. When Kent was certain that the story was finished, only then did he finally ask, "And this was told by grandfather?"

As the next in line to rule, he thought his father had already revealed everything he needed to know, yet it appeared that wasn't the case.

Tucker replied while patting his son on the head, "This was the mission I was only supposed to share upon my immediate death, or upon nearing it."

He then added while gazing towards Naell, "Perhaps it is why this lad didn't relay the news to everyone immediately."

Naell nodded. Kent took a moment as he formulated his thoughts. With a decisive nod, he looked at them understanding the gravity of such information.