Chapter 69

With a wide grin, the adventurer known as Cleave began positioning himself like a pitcher.

Under his demeanor of pure bravado, aura burst forth all over his body.

As he clasped his hands towards his chest, a circular ball of aura began to form.

Its appearance was small yet anyone who could use detection knew it was heavy.

"Interesting." Said Lesjon as he observed how it started pulsating more and more.

Meanwhile, from the spectator's seats, Septh and his friends were impressed with Cleave's mastery over his aura.

"That's one way to compress aura." He exclaimed with a beaming grin.

"..."

Even Naell was in shock, yet for a completely different matter unrelated to the battle.

As he heard the applause, it made Cleave more proud, so without hesitation, he decided to act instantly.

Raising his right leg to shift his weight to his left foot, smoke billowed from the finely grained sand.

With a pivoting and striding movement, he then released the makeshift ball towards Lesjon.

In immense speed it travelled, ripping through wind and leaving a sharp trace of etched sand in its path.

Rather than evading, the young master of Star with his red cold gaze, remained standing unfazed from what was approaching him.

That was why, Cleave smirked grudgingly when he saw Lesjon as he thought,

'Be eaten by your own pride, young master.'

In his mind, he knew nobles were arrogant, especially the household of Star.

With their power akin to first-rate magicians, and their knight-like durability, a battle of strength was often in their favor.

Yet even so, none of the viewers would criticize Lesjon if he were to dodge that aura. Afterall, most in their right mind wouldn't dare to stand in front of a piercing projectile of such speed.

Then again, most knew that unlike other mages who used hit and run tactics, the Star family was different, taking pleasure in feats of courage.

As they watched the young master's headstrong demeanor, everyone was reminded of who he was.

Flames began emitting from Lesjon's surroundings. It then started clashing itself onto the approaching aura.

Shockwave upon shockwave was hauled into the air, and after a while, the compacted aura got liberated.

What remained were the flames hovering around the young master of Star. Not an inch did he move, and not one finger did he raise.

Loud cheers directed at Lesjon filled the arena. For a second, those who forgot how powerful his lineage was, were embarrassed just by thinking he should have avoided that attack.

Cleave tried to dispel their cheers by laughing loudly as he said,

"As expected of you, young master!"

In truth, he was really annoyed, especially seeing his opponent still calm and uninterested as usual.

"You're not so bad yourself." Replied Lesjon only making Cleave more aggravated.

"..."

Naell saw the young master's gaze of confusion, sensing the noble didn't realize what he said had angered his opponent.