Chapter 26

As Naell woke up in the comfort of his room, he felt unusually at peace. Usually, he would wake up much earlier, as on the off chance he was still sound asleep, clusters of HOOTS or the poke of a sharp talon would easily wake him.

Yet in the past few days, Naell was often in deep sleep, dreaming without any care in the world, as Owly, the one who often pestered his slumber, was hibernating.

Due to the owl's gluttonous spree, he got way too fat and needed to go on hibernation. In return, Naell welcomed it with open arms, sleeping by the owl's side, and only moving for simple necessities.

Yet that moment was supposed to be different, as it was time for Naell to prepare for his first day as a student in Esuela Dio sa de.

As he was about to leave, he heard a familiar HOOT, and saw weak feathers that fluttered on its plumpy body. Golden eyes pitifully gazed at the young mage.

"You should rest more, Owly." Said Naell quite bitterly, as he was jealous of the young owl's freedom to rest.

"Please bring me some sweets from the cafeteria, HOOT..."

.

.

.

As Naell was walking outside, he met the gaze of a taffy-haired man. They were both surprised as they noticed both of them had the capability to size up one another.

As wimpy as Naell was, the silver aura seeping out from the man's body scared him, but only for a moment. He was certain that within the campus, his safety was secured. Therefore, he decided it was best to just hastily go to the assembly, yet the man, before he could even leave, called out his name.

"Naell?"

Naell tried his best to speak politely. In his mind, he wasn't frightened, and it was only natural to be polite. With paler skin not because he was scared, and a quivering voice solely because his bathwater was cold, he said,

"Yes, Who are you?"

"..."

"...I guess the rumors of you getting beaten so hard that it affected your brain was true, huh."

.

.

.

Naell wanted to laugh, as he knew by then, that the man meant no harm. It could be said, no matter how socially inept he was, he could still discern someone's awful acting, and such was the case for the taffy-haired man in front of him.

So instead of feeling mad, which could've led to his demise, (a possibility which was still in the back of Naell's spineless head), he managed to smile and let out the warmest gaze he could possibly bestow.

"I've never heard of that rumor, yet it's plausible. My brain would often make me forget my past. Therefore, I do apologize if I wronged you in any way."

"..."

Naell waited for a while yet the man still wasn't responding. Time went by, and neither of the two was moving.

Naell knew it wasn't a good idea to be late to the grand assembly, more so for a guy like him who didn't want to stand out. So with his patience growing thin, he quickly asked,

"So, who might you be Sire?"

With the sudden question, the taffy-haired guy replied. It could be seen that he was still quite distracted from reality.

"Note... Note Raal."

*******

If there was one thing the young master was totally regretting, it was the fact that he could not get acquainted with Note; his favorite character in the novel.