Chapter 22 Vol. 2

"Remember Naell, never reveal the process of your awakening."

Even without his Sensei's warning, Naell had no intention of ever disclosing it. He knew very well that magic was capable of tipping off the very balance of that world.

• A nice school indeed, HOOT. •

Telepathically said Owly who was sitting perfectly still on Naell's head. The young mage could feel the fluffy feathers underneath the tummy of the gluttonous owl.

The day of Naell's entrance examination had arrived. Owly was once again with him. After all, as long as the owl didn't publicly speak, they were good enough to travel anywhere together.

Naell only nodded, as he was still in awe upon entering the school, Esuela Dio sa de (EDSD). The description in the novel, Arts and Magic truly was not an exaggeration.

The words "Esuela Dio sa de" was believed to have come from the lost language of the celestials, and was deciphered as the Art of Memories. Scholars later on, believed that the school was once a place of gathering for celestials.

Not only was it famous for producing well-known mages, and martial artists, but it was also known for producing scholars of knowledge, wisdom, and well reputable nobles, and adventurers.

EDSD had two dormitories extending from each side of the main building. The ladies' dormitory at the left, and the gentleman's dormitory at the right. The central campus was their place of learning and where all the applicants (and Owly) were headed to.

The campus was filled with greenery, as it held a natural abundance in light mana and vigorous aura.

Upon entering, Naell and Owly couldn't help but adore the infrastructure of the campus. It had numerous halls that included a center yard, big enough to be considered a mini-park.

The school seemed quite modernized, as Naell even thought that it closely resembled the university he had attended back on Earth.

On the other hand, Owly was more appreciative as they saw the canteen while walking towards their destination. Even though the school year was still weeks away, the canteen didn't fail to entice their palates.

• I'm so glad, HOOT! •

Telepathically exclaimed Owly whose stomach grumbled at the sight and aroma of the food. Naell could only smile thinking his head might have some drool later on.

"This way applicants."

Some had already started gathering towards the field, as that was where the examination would commence, but there weren't many as it was already quite late for their admission.

Most of them that were gathered were applicants who did not have their recommendation in the first place, or were like Naell who got his first admission voided.

"Good morning, applicants." Said the female wearing what seemed to be a standard mage robe. Beside her was a young well-built man with dark orange hair who had a scabbard in his trouser. The man then clasped his hands together, gathering their attention.

"Mornin' to all of you. I'm Suna, and this here's Professor Mony. We will be the ones conducting your examination. Please follow me if you are here for your martial arts test, and stay here with the professor for the mages."

Soon after, they were divided into two groups, and Naell was left with the female professor.

Professor Mony's ash blue hair, and eyes were quite intimidating despite her warm voice as she explained how the examination would commence.