Vol. 5 Prologue

As awakened monsters, these beings took pride in themselves for being the best out of all the monsters.

Not only did they survive the harsh world where it was a norm to be devoured by your kin, they stood atop and were able to gain enlightenment.

That is why they pride themselves as both unique and powerful; Often less aggressive yet very domineering nonetheless.

Awakened monsters could even go so far as establishing their own territories, acts far more advanced than their mindless low rank counterparts.

Yet all of those awakened monsters were easily crushed and disheartened by the fact that they could still be controlled.

It was as if they were merely ordinary monsters, as a one of a kind tamer was able to bind them into a contract just by his words alone.

Frustration, anger and broken pride had made them all stronger, yet those shackles were firm and were a thing they could never unlock.

Which was why upon their tamer's words, claiming that if they do well in that invasion, they could be free, all their pent up anger was released onto the poor people of EDSD. Well, most did.

Unlike the others, the poor awakened undead flame knight drew the short end of the stick.

His opponents, a fat owl who at first glance should not be able to fly due to his obesity, and a pale looking boy who he thought he could one-slash away, were giving him a frustrating time.

He had even watched as multitudes of his weaker kind were frozen in spot, leaving him to face the two powerful beings before him.

Adding insult to injury, not only were they disrespecting him by arguing to his face (an action that indicated they were not threatened by him at all), his flame was no match for the boy's ice magic.

"This shouldn't be!!! My flames should melt your ice!" Shouted the Flame undead angrily, yet neither the bird nor the boy even gave a glance.

Both seemed to be occupied as they quarreled with no sign of stopping.

"It'll scare away the small fry while we walk!" Naell shouted.

"It may also lure the biggest ones, HOOT!" The owl retorted.

For a moment the undead knight watched them in frustration, until finally he had enough.

It was then when half of his disheveled body set ablaze, emitting a deathly color that was akin to his rotting skin.

"You dare demean me?!" His unsightly mouth snarled as his body shifted and jerked. The growing flames of his body then flickering even quicker.

In an instant, the flames combusted and shot at every direction, finally earning the undead knight an irritated gaze from both his opponents. Yet a dark shield had halted the flames from even reaching far.

"Can't you see we're talking?!"

It was then easily extinguished by a mere flick of the boy's finger whose eyes were so cold upon looking at him.

It was at that moment the monster questioned which was colder; the massive and harsh crystalline wave that suddenly spewed out from the boy's location, or his eyes that seemed to bear no hint of fear towards his strongest flames.

As he stopped dead in his tracks, watching the cold approach him in unfathomable force, he, the so-called Flame Knight, master of Alvallah, was frozen and fainted on the spot.

"..."

"Hey..."

"You killed him, HOOT."

"... No he's just unconscious."