Chapter 3: Savior

I'm dead, aren't I? I'm dead. Didn't think I would die this way...

"Guys! She's waking up," A man whispers. Maybe I'm not dead after all.

"Go grab a glass of water," Another man with a deep voice said. These voices sounded oddly familiar. As I opened my eyes, I see five men standing around me.

"Holy shit, where am I?" I mumble. I notice I'm sprawled out on a couch. I looked at the men again. They looked so familiar and it was making me a little mad that my brain was cooperating with me.

"You're on our bus. Don't worry, we aren't going to do anything," one of them assured me. I started putting the pieces together. Tour bus, 5 familiar men, were these the members of Black Veil Brides? "Let me introduce myself and the others," the man continued. "I'm Jinxx and this is Andy, CC, Ashley, and Jake."

I was correct.

"We can see you're a fan," CC said, pointing at my shirt. I nodded. He handed me a glass of water and I take a sip.

I sat up and looked at them, quizzically. "What happened? How did I even get here?"

"It was all Ashley," Jake said.

"Yeah, well, I went out the back ally of that bar up the street to hook up with some girl, but then I saw you on the ground unconscious under that asshole. He was about to... You know...I was so furious. I sure taught him a lesson...Anyway, I picked you up, took you back to the bus, and put you on the couch. I called the guys back here and now here we are," Ashley explained. I was in awe. The Ashley Purdy saved me...

"W-Wow. I-I don't even know what to fucking say. Thank you so much!" I stammered.

"It's really no problem at all," He said humbly.

"Surprised you didn't go crazy fan girl by now," Andy added. He looked at me and smiled.

"No, I'm not like that. They kind of annoy me. I mean, you're just people," I shrugged, "Besides, this isn't really number one priority in my mind right now."

We all sat in silence and then Jake piped up. "So, tell us about yourself." So, I kind of did. I told them who I was, about my deceased mother, my two sisters, and how I live with my father, (leaving out the parts of how he beats us all), and a bunch of other crap. They all sat quietly, listening to me actually looking interested. Then, random questions shot at me, all from Jinxx.

"How old are you?"

"19"

"Favorite color?"

"Black."

I assume Andy started losing interest, because he was now browsing through his phone. But occasionally, he looked up at me with his piercing blue eyes and smiled.

"Favorite sport?"

"None. I'm really lazy."

"Favorite -" Jinxx was cut off by Andy.

"Dude, chill. I don't think she wants to be bombarded with all of these questions right this moment."

"No, no. It's fine, really," I reply in Jinxx's defense. Then, there was another awkward silence. It was cold and I started to shiver. I tried not to make a big scene out of it, because I didn't want the guys to worry or do anything, but of course, Andy notices.

"You're cold," He stated. He left the living area and went to the back to get something. He walked back in with a plain black hoodie, handing it to me. "Here, put this on."

I hesitated at first, but I ended up taking it from his tattooed hand. When I put on the jacket, I felt so much better. It smelled like men's axe, make up, and tobacco. That reminded me that I needed a cigarette. I started to look for my bag and I couldn't find it, causing me to panic.

"Are you looking for this?" Ashley asked, holding up my bag.

"Oh, yes. Thank you," I sighed. I grabbed my bag and took out one of my packs and a lighter. I notice that the guys are just watching me as I put one in my mouth, "I should step outside, shouldn't I?" I said with it still hanging out my mouth as I started to stand up.

"No, it's fine!" CC said, "I was actually about to light one but I didn't know how you felt about it. Obviously, you don't care too much, huh?" He added, chuckling. We both lit a cigarette and started showing each other tricks we could do with the smoke.

We all talked for a little bit more and shared a few laughs. I looked at the microwave clock and realized how late it was. I hoped my dad didn't figure out I had left and had just passed out in his room or on the couch.

"Fuck, it's late! Could I get a ride home?"

"Sure!" They all said in unison. I sat upfront with the driver and directed him to my house.

We had reached my destination, and I hugged all the guys one by one. They were all so nice to me. All the guys kindly walked me off the bus.

"Hey Athena?" Andy asked, "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Nothing. I'm grounded," I replied.

"Great. We'll pick you up in the morning at eleven!"

"I just said I was grounded!"

"You left the house tonight, didn't you?"

"Yeah! But-"

"We'll see you tomorrow! Besides, you're 19. You have to be a rebel at some point in your life without you almost being killed," He smiled weakly and started to walk back on the bus. I looked down and then realized I was still wearing is hoodie.

"Wait! What about your jacket?" I asked him

"Keep it. I have a bunch more," He replied. I walked to the side of the house underneath my window and I climbed up the rope I'd left out. I fell into my room and sat on my bed. This night was amazing.

************************************************************

A/N: Sorry all of these chapters are short, they're just fillers. They'll be longer as the story goes on. Like it so far? Comment and share with friends! <3

~KC