Chapter 37: Heart's Pounding

*January 9, 2015*

Instead of going to Jake's house for Christmas, we went to Andy's parents' house. I had a really nice time, despite the temperature. We only got back a week ago.

"Good morning, beautiful," Andy smiled at me. He was making breakfast.

"Morning, my love."

"How'd you sleep, honey?"

"Fantastic. I feel like just taking a few days to myself."

"Do it," he set a plate in front of me that had heart shaped pancakes.

"What made you do this?"

"I'm in a good mood." He smiled.

"Anything in particular?"

"Nope. I'm just...happy," he sat down across from me, eating his own serving. We finished eating, showered and dressed together, and I didn't feel like staying home. I called Ashley Costello and we decided to terrorize the town (and go shopping).

"I'm going out with Costello, babe," I kissed Andy's head as he read a book.

"How long will you be?"

"A few hours," I looked at a clock the read 1 pm. "I should be back by 8."

"Okay, great. I love you."

"Love you, too," I smiled and left the room and house. I hopped in my car, and was on my way to Ash's place.

*Andy's POV*

I sighed in relief when Athena left. I need to set something up, and she couldn't be here or it'd ruin everything. I just hope I have enough time before she comes back. She can't know what I'm doing. I just want everything to be perfect.

*Athena's POV*

"And that's the story of the time I glued Russell and Nikki's asses to their chairs," Ashley said proudly.

"Oh my god, that's hilarious!" I laughed. After a day of shopping, we were back at her house, conversing.

"We need to get more tattoos together..." She stated, skimming her arms. We always get tattoos on Friday the 13th and Halloween, and we have a few matching and friendship ones for the hell of it. She started coming to my shop, along with a bunch of other band members, which gave us a lot of buzz.

"We do. I'm taking off a few more days this week, so if you're not busy, we can go to Ink of the Gods," I smiled. "What time is it?" I ask her as we gets up, going to the kitchen.

"7:45."

"Shit. I've got to go, Ash, darling. Told Andy I'd be home by 8, " I start gathering my things.

"Okay. We'll set up something this week or whatever."

"Alright, baby cakes, text me. Hate you," I walk out the door.

"Hate you, too!" She called out. I get into my car, and start the twenty minute drive back home.

*

I pull into the drive way and got out, not bothering to bring my bags of stuff in. I pull out my keys and head to the door, but something on it caught my eye. As I neared the door, it was a yellow sticky note.

'Come find me...' It read. I was thoroughly confused. Come find him? What is this crazy man-child up to? I shake my head and unlock the door. I walk in and there is an assortment of red, white, and black rose petals scattered everywhere.

"Andrew?" I yell and get no response. I throw my purse on the couch and start wandering the house. I look through everything in the kitchen and living: nothing. I wander back to the music room. The computer in the dark room is glowing and there's another sticky note on the monitor. I turned the light on and sat at the desk.