Chapter 40: Oh, baby!

Time elapse: Two Years

Andy and I were in the kitchen, preparing tonight's dinner: Homemade pizza. We joked around, tossing flour at each other and such, but then it got quiet. Tense, almost.

"So I've been thinking..." He started.

"Go on..."

"I want to have a baby," he said seriously. I could tell by his voice. I stopped rolling out the dough and looked him in the eyes.

"I know Andy, I do too, but the doctor said that I can't-"

"I know what the doctor said," he started to raise his voice, but took a deep breath. "I know. But I just want to try to have our own kid. It's happened to other couples before. If it doesn't work out, we can adopt or something, but I want to try first...if you're willing."

"Of course I'm willing, sweetheart. Tell you what- I'll take off of work this week and some of next week so we can try. But we have to promise each other that we won't be too discouraged if it doesn't happen."

"Really?" He grinned. He picked me up and spun around. "I really hope this works out for us."

"I know. All we can do is hope, honey," I kissed his temple and he put me back down.

"God, I love you," he pecked my lips.

"I love you, too Mr. Biersack," I smirked as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smirked back, placing his hands on my hips.

"Mrs. Biersack," he let out a chuckle and kissed me again. "Come on, let's finish dinner." We kissed once more before cooking again. I put the uncooked pizza in the oven and started to clean up the kitchen. I sighed and picked up the phone, calling my shop.

"Ink of the Gods, Kathy speaking. How can I help you?" A chipper voice came through the line.

"Hey Kath, it's Athena. Is Tim still there? Can you put him on the phone?"

"Sure thing, boss. One second." The line cut off, then came back.

"Yo, sup?"

"Hey. For a week and a half, can you cover my late night appointments and day work? I'll make sure to pay you extra..."

"Uh, sure, but I'm going to need help."

"Thanks fine, just tell me who you pick so I can pay them extra too."

"Alright, but why're you taking off?"

"You know how I, uh, can't have kids...Andy and I are going to try before we give up and adopt."

"Oh, okay. We'll good luck. I know you two really want kids, especially Andy."

"Yeah. I just feel bad that I can't give him what he wants, you know?" I said quieter. I looked over at Andy, who was watching TV in the living room, before slumping against the counter.

"Hey, hey, stop that. Don't you dare feel bad. You can't control how your body works. Billions of women are told they can't bare children, but many of them end up have a miracle child. For the short time that I've known you, you've become one of my best friends, and I see that you're a miracle woman to everyone you meet. I have a weird feeling that you will end up having a healthy kid," he said. I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Thank you, Tim. So, so much."

"No problem, girly. Listen, I've got to go finish up with this costumer. I'll see you soon."

"Alright. I might pop in here and there. See you."

"Bye. Good luck," I smiled and ended the phone call. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I walked over to the couch and sat next to Andy.