Chapter 27:

Packing really sucks, to be honest. I always get procrastinated. I can never focus. Packing is just terrible.

This summer went by really quickly. Sammi took me to Disney, I got a (used) car, I got my nose pierced, I got a few more tattoos, and best of all, Brian recommended my drawings to a semi-new tattoo parlor, so I'm an apprentice there now. Tattooing has become a new passion of mine, but I still have to decide if that's actually what I want to do. I also held music lessons which got me the majority of my money, and don't get me wrong I really loved doing the music lessons, but I don't know if I want to continue doing that.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts. This week is supposed to be relaxing. I just have to get through packing. I finally get to see my friends again after two months. And obviously, I get to see Andy again.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm just going to throw clothes in my suitcase, and be done. My only problem is choosing a dress for Warped prom. I have two in mind, but I don't know which one. I have a long, simple black dress, that I'd just use a bunch of safety pins to bring the front up. My second option is a tight, red dress that comes right above my knees, and at my waist, it has cut outs. I'm leaning more to the red one, but the black one is more my style... Once again, I say fuck it. I'll bring both, and choose there. I zipped up my bag, and sighed. I'm finally done. See? The lazy can accomplish. Remember that kids. Actually don't, I'm a terrible role model.

I grabbed my lighter and pack from the night stand, and lit up a cigarette. I haven't touched these in a week, and I was finally feeling the withdrawal. I walked downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee.

I took my cigarettes and coffee, and sat on the couch in silence. As the quietness started getting to me, I went through my phone, and began to play my playlist of strictly Muse. I feel like a damn hipster. I mean, I'm drinking coffee and smoking, my hair is in a bun, I'm wearing a sweater and tribal tights, and I'm also wearing my glasses (I ended up getting glasses this summer, because it's hard to see far away now).

The girls had went to a party, so I unfortunately can't spend tonight with them. It's 9:15 now, and want to go to Sally's Beauty Supply before it closed. I sipped the last bit of coffee I had, and went upstairs to the bathroom cabinet. I found what I mostly needed, such as bleach, scissors, latex gloves, etc. Now I just need dye. I lit another cigarette, grabbed my purse and keys from my room, and went down to Andy's car. Since I taught Hera how to drive and encouraged her to get her license, the girls took my car to go to that party I mentioned earlier.

I hopped in the car, and drove off to Sally's. The woman at the counter greeted me when I arrived. I smiled and greeted her as well before making my way to the dye section. I skimmed for a second, then grabbed the shade of brown I wanted. It wasn't a dark brown, but it wasn't that light either. It's was kind of in the middle. Don't get me wrong, I love my natural blackish hair, but I wanted a change. I'm getting rid of my side bangs and fringe as well. That shit was getting annoying as hell, and I felt and looked like a sixteen year old scene kid.

I bought the dye, and went back home. As soon as I got in, I changed in to an old tee red shirt and started mixing the bleach. I brushed out my hair, and began the process. I bleached for 45 minutes, washed my hair out, blow dried, dyed for an hour, washed and blow dried again, then straightened. I seriously loved how it turned out. I picked up the pair of scissors and trimmed my split ends. Now, for the last thing.

I brushed some of my hair straight down in front of my face. I made sure everything was even, then I took the scissors and started cutting. I cut straight across front bangs. I was completely finished, and it turned out exactly the way I wanted. I was in love. I got my phone and took a picture. I smiled and left the bathroom, content.

Then, my mood turned sour. It's one in the morning, and the girls' curfew was a half hour ago. I sighed, pushed my luggage off the bed, and climbed in. I'm going to wait fifteen minutes before calling them. I realize that Hera is a legal adult, but Aphrodite is not. Even so, they're under my (Andy's...) roof, so my rules still apply. I waited, and around ten minutes later, I heard the door open downstairs and hushed laughter.

I angrily removed the covers that enclosed around me, grabbed my glasses, and went to the top of the steps. "Where the hell have you two been?"

"The party. Duh," Aph slurred.

I swear to god, if she's drunk.

"I know you were at the fucking party, but you realize what time it is?!"

"Our phones were dead."

"That's no excuse! I told you to make sure your phones were fully charged! It's now 1:13, and I told you to be back at 12:30!"

"Sorry, we didn't know the time..."

"Yeah, but you should've been there, A. It was amazing!" Aph smiled.

"Hera? Is your sister, that is sixteen years old, drunk?" I asked calmly.

"A little..."

"Why? Were you not paying attention to her?"

"Well, I-"

"You're goddamn 18 years old. You are an adult. You need to start acting like one!" I say, gradually getting louder.

"Athena, just-"

"No! I let you take my car, and I let you two have a little fun, but you're abusing your privileges! I trusted you two you be here on time! I trusted you two to be here safe and sober! I trusted you!" I yell.

"You look different." Aph piped up, and I ignored.

"I'm going to be gone for a week. I thought you could show me tonight that you were responsible, but clearly that's not the case. I might even just stay home, I'll have to think about it. But I will be thinking of a punishment for the both of you." I turned around and started going back to my room, until...

"I'm an adult. I don't have to listen to you..." Hera challenged. I turned around, went down the stairs, and looked her straight in the eyes.

"I am your guardian! You are under Andy's and my roof! You are under my rule! Whatever I fucking say, is whatever fucking goes, do you understand me?! If you don't like my rules, fine. Take your money, and find an apartment! I'll even help! But as of right now, you will listen to what I have to say, and obey my orders!" I yelled. I took a deep breath, "Goodnight. If I don't see you in the morning, you'll know I have left."

I turned around and went back to the bedroom. I groaned and sat on the end of the bed with my head in my hands. I didn't want to yell, but I was so mad. 40 minutes late, they were! I was worried!

I wouldn't have been as 'harsh' as I was, if this was the first time something like this has happened. I was hopping they could redeem themselves, especially Hera. Since she has turned 18, she's been acting up. I mean, she did well in her extra summer classes to graduate, but she's been different. I don't know if it's because I let things go too often, or the crowd she hangs with or what, but discipline is now needed. I sighed, and got under the covers again, forcing myself to sleep.

I have to get up at 3:45.

**********************************

Goal: 20k reads by New Year's Day!

Love You All!

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Inbox

<3 <3 <3

~KC