Chapter 43: Beautiful Remains

Time Elapse: March 16, 2018, 10:30pm

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, ow," I muttered to myself, "Tim?!"

"What? What is it?" He rushed into my office.

"I'm pretty sure I'm having contractions." I don't even remember my water breaking...

"Shit. Okay, okay. Uh, I'll take you to the hospital. I'll give Terry your house keys so he can pick up your over night bag." I nodded and tossed him my keys. While he ran back out and gave my keys to Terry, I collected my purse and jacket. I've been having slight pains all day, but I've been ignoring them. Now they're really bad. Luckily, we were closing up shop.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Walking to your car. What the fuck does it look like I'm doing?"

"Nope," he scooped me up from the floor, and started to carry me to the car.

"I'm heavy, Tim! Don't hurt yourself!"

"You are not heavy. You're still less than half my weight, pregnant," he rolled his eyes. Tim is a buff, tough, tattooed 6'6" man. He sat me in the passenger seat, rushed to he drivers side and drove to the hospital.

Group Chat-

Me: He's coming. Omw 2 hospital.

"Okay, okay, do you gave to go to the ER?"

"No, maternity. Fourth floor I believe," I took off my seatbelt. Tim came around to my side and picked me up and out if the car. He entered the building and went straight to the elevator. The doors opened not too long after he pressed the up button, and stepped on. As it started moving, I buried my face on his chest and grip his shirt for dear life.

"What's wrong?"

"I hate elevators. Almost terrified."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, A."

"It's cool. You didn't know- ow! Fuck!"

"You're good, you're good, you're good, I'm getting someone now," he said, stepping off of the elevator and setting me down in a chair.

"What'd they say?" I asked when he came back with a clipboard.

"Wheelchair should be here for you in a few," he handed me the clipboard with paper work, and I quickly filled it all out. When I was done, I handed it back to Tim to give back to the woman at the desk.

"Athena Biersack?" A woman with a wheelchair called out. Tim raised his hand in response, and the chair was wheeled over to me.

"Here. The passcode is 101715. Update people periodically through the first group chat," I gave him my phone. I clutched my abdomen as I got up and sat in the wheelchair.

*

"Okay Athena, just give me a big push."

I gripped on to Tim's hand for dear life and pushed. I've been in labor for 21 hours. It's not as bad as some, but still.

"Come on, A. You got this."

"You're not fucking helping, Timothy."

"One last push, Athena," the doctor instructed.

I screamed as I pushed with all of my might, and felt relieved when I heard cries. I sat back in the propped up bed and tried to catch my breath.

"You did it buddy," Tim hugged me. I chuckled to myself and wiped the sweat off my forehead. Moments later after checking on both of us, I was given my baby.

"He's 8.2 pounds, 22 inches," one of the nurses smiled. His crying settled down as he squirmed around in my arms. My son. He was so beautiful...I told the doctor what I, we, had planned to name him, and signed his birth certificate.

"Are my sisters and friends allowed in?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. I'll bring them right in," another nurse smiled. The two nurses left them room and one by one, everyone quietly crept in.

"Hey," they all whispered.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

"Oh my god, he's so cute!" Aph whispered, coming next to me.

"How was birthing him?" Lucy chuckled.

"Painful, but I could manage. I'm still kind of drugged and I look like shit, so forgive me."

"No need to apologize."

"What did you name him?" CC asked.

"Well, when Andy and I first thought of making its initials BVB, no matter the sex. When we found out it was a boy, we decided on Beck Vernados Biersack."

"That's so creative. You know, the initials thing," Hera said.

"I'm curious was to what Vernados means" Jinxx spoke up.

"Vernados is Greek for courage of a bear," I smiled at Beck. We all talked for a while, then I was starting to get tired. Everyone hugged me goodbye and left, except for Tim. He stayed. I felt bad. He's been with me this whole time. But, he's a great friend sticking with me.

I looked down at Beck one last time before going to sleep, realizing something that made me laugh. He was born on St. Patrick's Day. I may not be Irish, but it was nearly impossible to have him. I guess I could say Beck is my own personal good luck charm.