Chapter 28: Warped Tour

My alarm went off and woke me up. It's not like I got much sleep anyway. I felt so guilty about what I did. I groaned and slipped out of bed. It is way too early for me. I ran into the bathroom and took a super quick shower. I turned on my straightener and ran back into my room. I put on my glasses and began to get dressed. I put on a pair of tribal tights, a plain black bustier, a gray and black knitted cardigan, and my black Toms.

I went back in the bathroom and straightened my bangs. I left the rest naturally wavy, and pinned it to the side. I looked at my self in the mirror for a bit, mostly focusing on my hair. I love how it turned out to much. I also looked at the length. It's amazingly long. If it's straightened, it would come to my waist. It's kind of crazy.

I switched out the stud in my nose to a hoop, and I took off my glasses to do my makeup. Natural smokey eye, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Nothing special. I put my glasses back on, unplugged my straightener, and packed up my makeup and stuffed it all in my suitcase. I slipped on a few bracelets on each arm, and I clipped on one anklet.

I wrote a quick note to the girls, apologizing for reacting as harshly as I did, but still reminding them that they still will be punished when I got back, then I stuck it on the fridge. I called the cab company to pick me up, and now I just wait. There wasn't really anything for me to do while I had to wait, so I filled Crow's food and water bowl to the brim, and roamed aimlessly. I gave it a few minutes before looking outside the window to see if the taxi was there, and sure enough it was. I quickly gathered my luggage and purse and headed out the door. I locked the door and ran all the way downstairs.

"Where to, sweetheart?" The man asked when I got inside.

"LAX, please."

"Not a problem," he smiled at me through the rear view mirror. I settled into my seat and put my ear buds in, listening to Lady Gaga. (I love that woman. Sue me.)

I looked at the time on my phone, and I was right in schedule when I arrived. I paid the driver, collected my things, and walked in to the airport. I got through security just fine, I bought myself some breakfast once I was completely in, and I waited. I had ten minutes to kill. All I did was listen to a playlist of random tunes, ate my muffin, and drank my coffee. I also did a little 'people watching'. It's when you observe people, and you imagine what their personality is like, where they're going, how their past was, etc. It's a fun time passer.

All too soon (not that I wanted to stay at the terminal all day), the plane had arrived just on time. I handed my ticket to the flight attendant and followed everyone on board. I found my seat and put my bag in the overhead thing.

I'm alone with a window seat. Fabulous. I smiled and settled into the chair. This was going to be a fun week, I could tell. I saw a boy hurrying down the aisle, and stopped by where I was. He stuffed his luggage above and plopped down next to me. So much for being alone...

The guy looked cool, though. He had fire-orange hair. I also noticed that he was wearing a Crown The Empire tank top.

"I love your shirt," I said to him.

"Really? Thanks." He looked at me. "Wait...You look so familiar... You're some band member's girlfriend, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am," I chuckled. "If you're familiar with Black Veil Brides..."

"That's where I know you from. I'm not their biggest fan, but my little sister is. Are you Lauren or Athena?"

"I'm Athena," I smiled.

"Dear lord, my sister is in love with you. You're her favorite 'BVB Girl'."

"Am I really? What's her name? How old is she?"