Chapter 39: Veiled Bride

It's the big day; our wedding. I'm so excited, I could cry. I never thought I'd make it this far, and I'm truly proud of myself. This is a huge milestone for me. Three years ago, I didn't even want to live. Now, I'm obviously still here, confident in myself, and about to get married to the love of my life.

I get up out of the comfortable hotel bed and I grab my over night bag, and take it into the bathroom.

I was the first one awake. I might have gotten up before I had to, most likely to excitement. I take my shower, get dressed in sweatpants and a tank top, and brush out my hair. When I get out of the bathroom, mostly everyone in the room is awake.

"Well, look who's up bright and early." Sammi smirked.

"Yeah. For someone who hates being up at 12, you seem happy." Hera rolled her eyes.

"It's one in the afternoon, so hush. Besides, it's her wedding day! I'm pretty sure she's just excited."

"Thank you, Lucy." I smiled at her for backing me up. I looked at the alarm clock sitting on the night stand. "Well, we have five and a half hours. Start getting ready guys." I instructed. I laid down on the bed and started thinking while everyone else debated on who should shower first.

It was mindless thinking, if I can even call it that. I mean, I thought about what I wanted to eat because I'm really hungry, I thought about the reception later tonight, I thought about Andy, I thought about how much I love my dress... What was mostly on my mind was food and Andy, though.

Thankfully, it didn't take the girls long to shower and get dressed. Sammi called a cab for everyone and we were on our way to the salon.

Honestly, I don't want to bore you with minute details that happened in four hours. I mean, we all got our nails, hair, and makeup done. There's not much else to it. I will say that everyone looked flawless.

I looked at myself in the mirror and grinned. My black hair was elegantly curled and pinned to the side. My makeup was simple. A little blush, a little mascara, a little bit of a shimmery white shadow, and a bit of liner. Nothing much, but I love all of it. I thanked all of the artists that helped out today, paid for everything, and we all took the cab back to the hotel. Ash, Lucy, and I took the stairs while everyone else took the elevator.

"The limo should be here in about a half, so let's get dressed, everyone." Sammi instructed as we walked back into the room. All of the girls put on their black, strapless dresses with white sashes around the waist. My sisters helped me put on me dress.

"You look so beautiful, Athena..." Hera whispered.

"Thank you." I hugged both her and Aphrodite.

"I think you're forgetting something." Tawny smirked, holding up a garter.

"Do I really have to wear that?" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, come on. It's tradition!" Bryanna nudged me as I walked by.

"I'm obviously not a very traditional person..."

"Just put it on." Tawny shot it at me.

"Whatever." I grumbled, picking it up from the floor and slipping it up on to my thigh, right above the knee.

"Do you know where you guys are honeymooning?" Hera smirked.

"No! I've been trying to get him to tell me for almost four months now, and he still hasn't told me. This surprise is the longest one I've had to endure."

"That's what she said." They all remarked, causing us all to laugh.

"You guys are so immature." I smiled and shook my head at them.