Snow❄️

Does anyone else have a day off from school today (February 17th) because of the snow? I do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alright babies, it's time for bed. Ready to get your jammies on?" Justin spoke to our four year old twins.
"Yeah, Daddy" they said putting away their toys and running to Justin.
"It's supposed to snow tonight so we have to put our pjs inside out, ice in the toilet, and a big spoon underneath of our pillows" he instructed as the jumped excitedly.
"YAYYY! Let's go" they screamed.
I took y/s/n and Justin took y/d/n to the bathroom running the water and cleaning them in their favorite bubble bath. I gently combed out y/s/n's dark brown curls. I lotioned then dressed him in his Spider-Man pajamas of course inside out because he didn't fail to remind me.
We exited the bathroom and met in the kitchen with the other two. We dug in the draw get out the biggest spoons and grabbing the whole ice tray. In every toilet -upstairs and down- we poured ice into them until we ran out. We tucked the kids into bed with their spoons and kissed them goodnight before returning to our room for the night.
The next morning we awoke to feet pattering against the hardwood floors and two bodies jumping onto our bed.
"Mommy! Daddy! Look! Look! Look how much it snowed!" They cheered.
"I see it loves" Justin spoke opening the covers so they could crawl in between us.
We watched the snowflakes fall as our kids were snuggled on us.
"Are you guys ready for breakfast?" I asked and they nodded.
They followed me down the stairs as Justin picked out the outfits knowing that after breakfast they would want to go play in the snow. I made the batter and put the bacon onto the pan hearing it sizzle.
Justin came clunking down the stairs with all of their clothes and put it all into the bathroom calling them inside one at a time. They both came out in thermal long sleeve shirts and sweatpants with thick socks.
"Morning baby" he said as he rounded the corner and kissed my cheek.
"Morning love" I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"You wanna go get dressed, I'll plate the kids food" he spoke gently moving me away from the stove.
With one last kiss, I hopped up the stairs and into my room putting on some sweatpants and a large t-shirt with fuzzy socks. I brought down Justin and I's snow pants, coat, hats, and gloves knowing that if I didn't he would want to bring it all. My husband is always so loving, never wanting me to do anything.
After we had ate and cleaned up from breakfast, we bundled up the kids in their snow gear opening up the back door watching them for a couple seconds as we dressed ourselves before following behind them.
I watched as y/d/n ran and plopped into the snow and moved her arms and legs to create a snow angel. I silently rolled up a ball and directed my hit towards Justin hitting him right in the face as he turned towards me.
"SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!" Y/s/n screamed as the twins grouped up with each other. To think he would come and protect me.
I have to admit that they have an arm on them.
Before heading in for lunch as the day was getting progressively warmer, we started building a snowman. Together, we piled the bottom one. The kids worked on the medium snowball as Justin and I worked on the smallest. Adding her straw hat, coals, button, and carrot nose, we finished.
We stripped the kids of all their heavy gear right at the door.
"Go sit on the couch guys, we'll bring you some hot chocolate okay?" Justin said.
"Hot coco!" They yelled and raced each other to the couch.
I boiled the hot water in the kettle and got the kids mugs that made the outside cool so they wouldn't burn there hands. Before the water was too hot I poured it into there cups so they wouldn't burn their tongues. I stirred in the mix to there's and poured Justin and I's. Justin a plated some cookies and grabbed the kids mugs as we walked into the living room.
They had turned on SpongeBob SquarePants as we laid everything on the coffee table.
"Thank you!" They said.
"No problem loves" I replied.
We lazed around the house for the rest of the day occasionally checking to see if our snowman-well woman- was still standing. We played and sang all around the house acting as if we were in a musical, bowing after every song.
I am in love with my family. How we can be inside for most of the day and never get tired of each other. Feeling the love of somebody constantly wanting to be close to you is the best thing in the world. Loving and being loved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment, Vote, Follow, Share. Stories like this make me want a family when I grow up.
Question of the Day: Is anyone a vegetarian? Vegan? Pescatarians?
Second Question: Can anyone make me a really good cover?
I literally can't, I have to have some sort of meat with every meal otherwise I'm not satisfied. That's bad but I'm such a foodie!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3