Peace

So with all of the things that are happening lately, I have really waned to say this. I have a non-fiction book report due on Friday and I'm reading an autobiography about Rosa Parks. It inspired me beyond words. There are two quotes that really have stuck to me.
"The only tired I was, was tired of giving in"
"He (Martin Luther King Jr.) stood up with his hands by his side, the man stood there shocked..... King said to not hurt him, just pray for him"
With all of the events happening with African-Americans and police brutality from white officers, I feel like we should follow in the footsteps of those who fought heavily for our rights.
Martin Luther King Jr. believed in nonviolence. When he put his hands down and showed that he was not going to fight back, that white man would be the only one who was aggressive in that situation.
Rosa Parks knew that by giving in each time, nothing was going to get changed. Everybody needs a symbol. And for many that was Rosa Parks. After writing her autobiography she knew that it was not over, she knew that we would have to continue to fight. Its never going to be equal until we make it right.
I'm not saying give up at all. Put let's not retaliate by killing other police officers. We need to fight to keep the peace. Let's organize protests, marches, assemblies, boycotts, anything we can do under our constitutional rights.
They can't act like they don't want us hear because their ancestors brought us here.
Without the slaves who picked the cotton, the American Industrial Revolution wouldn't have been even half as prosperous because it was the slave owner who was picking pounds of cotton each day. It was us. We helped build this country's industry just as much, possibly more than, our ancestor's owner did.
Violence is not the answer. If someone targets you and you don't hit back, they don't have anything on you.
At the end of the day, you aren't responsible for what they did to you. When you're gone and trying to get to heaven, you'll have to answer to God. Not a judge, not a friend, not a lawyer, God. You are only responsible for the way you treat others.
We just need to trust God. Believe that He knows what he is doing, why it's occurring in our lives. In the end, he will fix it all. He will show them the wrongs of killing innocent souls because of their race. The race that God put on this earth.
This gave me a lot to think about. I normally try to not mention God in this book because I know that everybody has different beliefs but this is something that has been sitting in my heart for awhile. Thanks for reading.
*You guys should really check out that book*
-Mikayla<3