The Lion Whisperer Part Two

You woke up early this morning to news that one of the lionesses, Lana, was currently in her den ready to give birth. Last night your boyfriend Justin slept over your house and along with you was rushing to get dressed so the both of you could get to the Lion Kingdom.
By the time the both you of reached the den, Lana had already given birth to two cubs who were currently nursing against their mother.
You cautiously walked towards her knowing that she is really dangerous especially after the birth of her cubs. You opened the fence and walked in waiting for her to come to me not wanting to overstep your place. As the cubs finished their nursing, she walked over and laid in your arms snuggling you. Every once in a while, she would nudge you closer to her den until you were sitting right inside of the doorway.
She picked up one of her cubs and pushed it towards you and into your lap. This is the greatest experience of your life, knowing a lioness trusts you enough to even be within the presence of her hour old cubs is something that you can never take for granted. It something that really never happens, not even with the members of her pride. You couldn't be anymore grateful.
**Few Days Later**
Other workers at the Kingdom have reported that Lana was been very hostile towards the workers anytime that they have been within six feet of the den. Today you're going to go and inspect what is wrong because it more than likely has something to do with her cubs.
You walked towards her as she started her warning growl and her tail was flicking in a way that shows she is aggravated and on edge. You opened the fence and watched as she came to the door showing you her canines.
You quickly ran and shut the gate where she would be locked in a small part so you could check on the cubs. They were still so small so you could tell that Lana's milk had dried up as they should have been a lot bigger by now.
You grabbed a carrier large enough to comfortably carry the both of them and gently moved them inside. You didn't want to, but you had to do this otherwise they wouldn't survive for too long.
You put them in the truck and opened the gate so she would have more room to walk around then quickly shut the door.
She ran towards you in anger as she saw that you had her cubs. Someone else was going to have to feed her today as her feud with me is still very apparent. You rushed to the nursery letting the workers already there know to make bottles so they could feed as soon as possible.
Justin greeted me when you pulled up and we walked into an empty room each of us taking a cub. They immediately latched on letting you know that they hadn't fed for awhile, maybe a day. Both of them eagerly sucked the bottle lifting their small paws to your chest and standing up on their hind legs.
The worst part of it is having to get one of these hard scrub pads to help with system move because their mother would normally lick them with her tongue to get their bowels moving.
"Am I doing this right?" Justin asked you.
"Kind of, you have to rub it right over their butthole, you know to like stimulate it" you said awkwardly.
Justin started dying in laughter at what you said until his face turn red. You looked down embarrassed by what you had said.
The two of you took care of them for seven more weeks until they were old enough to be introduce into the pride and be around all of those large carnivores. Vayseti, who was their father, knew it was them and came to them smelling and watching as they tussled with each other and ran away to different parts of the enclosure.
Lana and you had made up within the seven weeks that you were taking care of the cubs. Everyday you would take them to see her and show her that you weren't harming them in any way. Each time you came, the relationship between the two of you would reconnect more with every visit. So now, just like in the old days she would happily come up to you and lay in your lap.
Justin and you and learned so many new things by raising these two cubs. It also made your relationship blossom more as the both of you were experiencing so many new things together that you knew were going to be some of the best memories in your life. All at the Lion Kingdom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I've been in a funk lately. I have the ideas in my head but don't know how to express them in words that actually make sense.
Question of the Day: What are you guys doing for Spring Break?
AOTD: I'm going on a cruise with my cousins! So I'm pretty sure I won't be able to update from April 5-11 because our cabin might have wifi but I'm not really sure.
Comment what you're doing or eating because I would love to hear it!
You guys should go check out: The One For Me
By: KidrauhlFantasy
I'm going to start shouting out books I really enjoy reading if anyone wants to read them. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3