I'll Catch You

"Please babe! Can you just try it?" Justin pleaded for the millionth time that afternoon.
"I've never even been near one in my life; forget even putting a foot one it" you said.
"I'll be there with you, I've done it so many times" he reasoned.
"You played hockey, of course you've done it hundreds of times" you snorted.
Justin asked you if you were interested in going ice skating which was actually something that you thought of as a little bit scary.
Your first answer was a firm no but now with all of Justin's begging, it's beginning to change, slowly but surely. Especially when he's using his eyes to convince you, it always works.
"Fine Justin! But if I fall, you're going to have another thing coming for you" you exclaimed.
"Woo!" He yelled excitedly.
For you he picked out grey joggers and a long sleeve black top with a cute jacket over top and some sneakers. He was dressed in an outfit similar to yours.
He rushed you to the car knowing that if you thought about it again for too long that you would want to back out again. He pulled out of the driveway and towards the closest ice rink from your house.
He held the door open for you as you walked into the unfamiliar place, searching your surroundings. Luckily, there were only a few people inside who were leaving as you guys walked over to the shoe counter.
"What sizes do you guys need?" The cute elderly woman behind the counter asked.
Justin, of course, spoke for the both of you and waited patiently as she went to get them. He quickly tied them up as you say there just looking at them. He asked you to pull off your shoes before slipping on your skates and tying them for you.
You stood up and wobbled a great amount before getting embarrassed knowing that you probably looked like a deer walking for the first time. Justin held your hands until you were stable and looked at you.
"Ready?" He asked.
"No" you said.
"Good" he ended.
The two of you slowly walked over to the opening of the floor and Justin stepped on first. He urged you to put one foot on the ice just for a first feel of the texture. You followed as he said before putting it back.
"Now step on, one at a time. Okay baby?" He instructed.
You nodded. You repeated what you saw him do and landed right in front of him. About an inch from the opening. 'But it's still progress' you thought.
"Now, slide your feet in the direction to want to go which for now will just be forward" he said.
You tried and slipped right as you only had one foot on the ice. Justin caught you before you could fall onto the ice and stood you up right.
"I skate in front of you okay? We'll go slow" he spoke.
He gave you a soft kiss on your cheek before grabbing your hands. He skated backwards as you shuffled your feet. Every couple of minutes he would tug a little bit more on your hands so you guys would move faster.
Once you reached a reasonable and leisure speed, Justin asked if you were a little bit more comfortable now. You replied that you were and he came to stand by your stand. The both of you strolled around the ice, Justin occasionally having to catch you when you would start to fall backwards.
"Are you having any fun?" he wondered.
"I actually am" you smiled at him.
After sort of getting the hang of it, you started to enjoy yourself with him. But in all honesty, you enjoyed every moment you spend with him, even if it's just when you open the front door and see him standing there.
During the time you were skating, the two of you shared many kisses and small random conversations that happened to pop up in your mind.
"Are you ready to go?" Justin asked.
"Yeah, I had enough for today" you replied.
You unlaced your shoes and immediately felt how sore your feet were. You slid your shoes back on as Justin returned your skates to the counter and met you at the door.
(I was waiting for you at the door *head turn*)
"Thank you for today Justin, it turned out to be great" you smiled gratefully.
"I'm glad you had fun sweetheart" he smiled and pulled you into a comforting hug.
You realized that with Justin you were more open to trying new things. Instead of just shutting every idea down, you actually took time to ponder over them. All because of him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I got off of my vacation and we're going on a road trip back, about 20 hours so wish me luck on this long journey!
Question of the Day: Can any of you guys ice skate?
AOTD: I can't. One time I used a walker and still fell. Pitiful, I know.
I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!
-Mikayla<3