Braceface

Your son is thirteen years old and finally ready to get his braces. The week before, Justin, y/s/n, and you went to the orthodontist so they could run scans and examine certain aspects that he would need such as fixing a bite or if any teeth needed to be pulled.
Your son was so excited to get his braces. He had been talking about it all week. After everything was talked out, we decided that in a week we would come back.
The following week consisted of nothing but eating every single thing that want allowed. Every night we had a movie to play before bed and would eat popcorn. Starbursts lady taffy and a whole bunch of other sticky, chewy treats.
"Are you ready to go?" Justin asked looking in the mirror of the car where
y/s/n sat.
"Yeah Dad! Let's go!" he exclaimed.
On the way there, he was telling us all about the colors he was going to get and why a certain one at a certain time.
When we arrived and walked in, the ladies sitting at the front desk greeted us and asked y/s/n if he wanted to do the finger scan check-in ID.
Since we were early, in the waiting room they had a wii for the kids to play with which y/s/n took a like to instantly. He played tennis, just like his father, until he was called into the back room with the orthodontist assistant named Judy.
She made sure he was in a comfortable position before placing the rubber stretchers in his mouth. She cleaned and dried his teeth and told him that now she was going to place the brackets on with the glue.
One by one she placed the brackets on the teeth straight in the middle and scrapped away the excess glue. When she finished the bottom Dr. Levi came and made sure they were in the right place and asked her to also put them on the canines that were growing in. Then she repeated the process.
When she finished, he rinsed out his mouth and looked funny as he tried to close it. Surprisingly, he teeth were really white. 'I guess me annoying him twice a day really paid off' you thought.
For his color, he got navy blue since he claimed it would go really good with most of the colors he would wear. As soon as he got finished, they went through what needed to be done for brushing each day.
When everything was done and over, I took a picture of my baby which showed a new starting point in our lives. My little Braceface.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dedicated to all my readers with braces. I got mine on two weeks ago, I was really excited! This is sort of a filler.
Question of the Day: Do you need braces? If you have braces then do you follow the rules of brushing and what not to eat?
I have a lot of crowding because my mouth doesn't have enough space. I follow the rules except for the no hard pretzels because otherwise my mom would kill me. I'm trying to update twice a week and pre-write some chapters for a special reason I'll tell you later on. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3