Hate

Justin and I went out for dinner tonight just for a cutesy date, my choice, and after enough begging he let me pay for half of the bill and the tip! But all that excitement was ruined when we walked out of the restaurant where paparazzi were waiting.
"Justin! Justin! Why are you dating her?"
"Y/n! Y/n! Are you only with Justin for his money?"
"Justin! You like dark girls?"
"Y/n! Is it true your a prostitute?"
"Y/n! Y/n! Are you the one that sold Justin drugs?"
All the things I heard getting to the car are stuck to my brain. Like getting stuck with so many needles. So hurtful, punctures so deep. Even on all social media.
"Why would Justin like you? He said he likes playing his girlfriend's hair, I bet yours is fake"
"Why is he dating a black girl? That's disgusting"
"She only is trying to trap him by getting pregnant so she can get some money"
The drive home was quiet, I lost in my thoughts, Justin looking like he was holding back on saying something. Why do they have to target me? I haven't done anything wrong.
As we arrived at home I silently walked up to the bathroom changing into some sleepwear before staring at myself in the mirror. Is what we're doing wrong? Should we give up? Is it worth it?
Arms wrapped around my waist, "Are you going to be okay?"
"I don't know Justin. I'm tired of being judged by stereotypical ideas. Just because I'm black doesn't mean I'm trying to trap you or take your money! Or that I wear weave, we can grow our own hair but if it's a whole person it's just extensions. What is that? I want to be secure in a relationship. I don't want to go everywhere and be called all these horrible names just because of my color and culture. I'm so sick of it, it's just getting old!"
Justin's eyes looked broken, "I'm so sorry babygirl. You know I don't think any of those things about you. I love you for who you are. Race, religion, everything, I just want you. If I could stop them from saying all that stuff I would in a heartbeat. I'll personally tell my fans to stop because seeing you hurting is hurting me so much. Don't believe them ever sweetheart. Just focus on the people who matter to you that's all you need baby, all you need."
I cried in his arms. For all the others that are facing the same struggles that I am. For all the ones who don't have an outlet to say how they feel.
It's changing today. Nobody is going to get in my way of loving. I'm taking a stand, I love Justin and that's as simple as it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a subject that I know happens in some interracial relationships and I wanted to say that I'm all for them. Every culture can mix! Its not the 1940's. it's a day, love who you want! Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!
-Mikayla<3