Watermelon

You were an absolute watermelon lover. And everybody knew it. Like that was the theme of your kitchen and you even had flip flops that looked like the inside of a watermelon. As soon as the end of spring started coming, that was the time when you would start with Facebook and other social media posts about it, and you got many replies.
Your boyfriend Justin found your little love of watermelon cute and always laughed when you would call him outside to help take some of the watermelons you bought from the store inside.
You had just gotten back from the store with a large watermelon and cut it open. The inside was a nice red so you cut out a little piece and tried it, boy was it good.
Over each half you put a piece of foil over it and put it in the refrigerator so by tomorrow it should be good and cold.
"Justin! There's a new watermelon in the fridge for tomorrow!" I yelled up the stairs.
"Okay" he replied peeking his head out of the room.
When the next day came, Fredo came over the house. The two of them stayed in the living room playing video games as you cleaned and meal prepped for the week. After about two hours, they walked into the kitchen.
"Babe! Let's have a watermelon contest!" Justin announced.
"About what?"'you asked.
"I don't know, I was going to leave that part up to you" he shrugged.
"All right, lets spit seeds into a bowl and see who gets the most seeds in the bowl in five minutes" you suggested.
"Okay! All seeds?" he questioned.
"All seeds" you confirmed.
Justin got the halves out of the fridge as you got out two bowls and placed them the same distance away from the two of you. Fredo set up his camera to record the two of you. With your spoons in hand, you waited for him to start the clock.
"Ready.....set....GO!" Fredo counted off.
You quickly dug into the watermelon and sorted out the seeds before swallowing the fruit. You aimed for your first shot and made it in. Next to you, you noticed that Justin was constantly spit I got out seeds but was only making a few into the bowl. As the time went on, you came up with an idea where you would eat the fruit but hold the seeds in between your cheek and teeth so at the last twenty seconds or so you could just fire them.
As you continued on with your plan, you saw Justin looking over at you, probably wondering why you weren't aiming. You inwardly laughed.
"Thirty seconds" Fredo warned.
You gathered them in you mouth be one at a time began aiming for the bowl. Justin turned his head and watched as you made most of them into the bowl.
"5....4....3....2...1. Stop" he said.
You were very satisfied with the amount in your bowl, but Justin's looked very close.
"Groups of five" Fredo instructed.
You guys dumped it out onto a paper towel and sorted them as Fredo had said.
You counted the amount of full groups you had them added the rest.
"47" Justin spoke.
"58" you said.
"What! That's not fair! You cheated!" he exclaimed.
"No I didn't" you said.
"Yes you did! You kept all of the seeds in you mouth until like the last couple seconds" he argued.
"It's called strategy" you smirked as he huffed.
You puckered your lips in Justin's direction knowing that he would give up for a kiss, or really any type of affection from you. He groaned rolling his eyes and leaned towards you gently grabbing your face and giving you a sweet kiss.
"I'm going to start calling you the watermelon lady" he giggled to himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I didn't want this to be stereotypical like "black people and watermelon" kind of imagine. I thought it was a cute idea.
Question of the Day: Which name do you like the best? Vote on the line next to the one you like, for my next story......MY ALPHA!
Enya
Amarachi- God's Grace
Ayoka- attractive
Chamyri-smart, ambitious
Daeunna- beautiful child
Damaya- strength
Jamiya- Outgoing, confident, assurant
Keena- African goddess
Keeba- Quite yet smart
Malika- Queen, princess
Malkia- queen or chosen one
Nubia- beautiful, wise, athletic
Zubie-strong yet precious
Alisha
Y/N
Imya
I'm trying to update more often now that the end of the year is coming up.Thank so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla