Chapter 1: And So Nick Fury Found Her

It was a normal day for Nick Fury as he had just been made director of SHIELD. For a long time he had dealt with a lot and was surprised he had made it. His proposal for the Avengers initiative have since been completed and it had been just a couple months of working with Captain Marvel. He was driving home with Goose in the passenger seat when a loud crash was heard in the field he was passing by. Fury parked his car and ran out towards the crash site that was covered in fire. A female figure laid in the middle of the site but was completely surrounded by black, smokey looking magic. She looked to be no older than 6 years old. Fury drew his gun and slowly moved towards the figure.

The girl woke up groaning in an immense pain she felt in her head. As she blinked her eyes open the magic started to disappear. She held her face in her hands confused. She looked up to see a gun pointed at her and a apprehensive Fury. For whatever reason the girl held her hands up in surrender as she slowly stood up.

"Who are you? Where do you come from?" Fury yelled. Keeping her hands up she tilted her hand confused.

"Please don't point that at me..." Her eyes started to turn completely black as she spoke, "I have no answers for your questions. I guarantee you I know just as much as you know." The girl closed her eyes in pain as the black smoke shot from the ground and snatched the gun from Fury, tossing it deep into the field. She fell to one knee and her breathing was ragged. When she finally was able to calm down, the smoke disappear and when her eyes opened they were back to their normal color.

"We will have to figure that out. For now, come with me." Fury held out his hand to her and she looked up at him questioningly. "I promise you that I don't bite. You aren't exactly the first super powered person I have seen." For whatever reason this made the girl trust him. What choice did she have? She just fell from the sky and somehow survived. She took Fury's hand and he lifted her up over his shoulder causing her to tense up.

"I can walk." She grumbled as Fury put her in the back seat of his car. 

"I am sure you could have kid but you could barely stand a second ago." Goose took a liking to her and jumped in the back seat to sit on her lap. As he purred she started to relax. Fury got in the driver's seat and started to drive away. "I'm Nick Fury by the way kid. Just call me Fury. For now, until told otherwise, I am going to call you Y/N." The little girl looked up at Fury and smiled. Having a name somehow made her feel more at peace. She nodded and started to hum a song. Y/N had no idea how she new the song or why she was humming it but it made her feel better.

Since that night, she has lived and grew up in Nick Fury's home. He enrolled her in schools and she would train (both magic and basic fighting skills) at SHIELD. When it was determined that they had no idea how to train her powers after she graduated high school she was determined to suppress them. Y/N noticed how driven they were by her emotions so she would shove them down. Instead of going to college she trained to be a superior agent and assassin at SHIELD much to Fury's protest. Y/N trained herself on how to control her emotions for the most part. She was able to show her emotions but only to those close to her, not to strangers which made her a perfect candidate. She went on multiple missions with Clint and some with both Clint and Natasha. But her main detail was to go undercover in HYDRA and send information and locations to SHIELD. She was quite ruthless and good at her job.

Often she thinks about her childhood with Fury, as they were mainly happy times with him. It had been 17 years now since the day she was found by Fury and normally he did something small to celebrate that fact. Regardless of her telling him he didn't have to. He always responded with "It's the closest I got to a birthday for you." Y/N smiled at this thought. This time though, she was deep undercover with HYDRA and left by herself.