Chapter 60 : And So More Dust

"Everyone good with the plan?" Tony asks.

"Understood. Clint and I will go to Vormir." Natasha states. "Steve, Scott, Tony, and Bruce will go to New York. Thor, Rocket, and Loki will go to Asgard. Finally Rhodey and Nebula will go to..."

"We got the plan I think." Nebula interrupted.

"Let's bring our people home." Tony said.

"Whatever it takes." Steve added.

"See you in a minute."

——

"Thor get back here!" Loki whisper yells as Rocket takes off for the Ether. Loki thinks about it for a second. "Why didn't Tony and Scott come here for the tesseract? Doesn't matter."

"Well it matters to me as I see two sons of mine who..." Thor and Loki turn to face Frigga, their mother. "Oh you are not the sons I know are you."

"Frigga I need..." Loki freezes. It's Y/N. His Y/N. Loki's eyes tear up as she looks behind her and then back at Loki. "Wait I... are you tricking me again?" Loki chuckles at that response. Frigga and Y/N study the two and realization hits her. "Well you both look rough. What happened?"

"Dar... Y/N we..." Loki started.

"I know I was unfortunately raised by a cruel witch." Y/N said with a smirk. She rested her hand on Loki's cheek. "Why do you look at me with heartbroken eyes?"

——

"Thor my son you can't hold onto the negative. Loki neither can you." Loki nodded but kept staring at Y/N. He couldn't stop his tears from falling silently. His mother and the love of his life were sitting in front of him.

"I..." Loki couldn't speak and Y/N gives him a sad look.

"Whatever happened to me, I know you will save me. You always save me." Loki wept. Not always. He wanted to tell her the truth but he couldn't.

"Mother we need to warn you both about..." Thor starts.

"My son you can't. Whatever comes is supposed to happen." Frigga tells him kindly.

"P-P-Please know how much I love you... never for get that..." Loki says to Y/N who nods confused. "M-Mother you have to know that too right? You know that I..."

"I know my son." Frigga reassures as Rocket comes in. Frigga quickly turns to Thor. "The world has not been kind to you. Please forgive yourself."

"Hey we gotta go! Guards are coming." Rocket shouts. "Led by you greaseball." Causing Y/N to chuckle.

"Nice nickname Fancy Pants." Loki couldn't stop the smile gracing his lips. "Whatever happened I know you will save me Loki." Loki hugged her tightly as Thor called the hammer to his hand and cheered. Faith restored the three fled the palace as the Loki of the past stormed into the room. Y/N for whatever reason couldn't stop her tears and clung to her Loki for dear life.

"Mother what in all of..." Frigga held up her hand.

"Just hold her my son. It's a witch thing." Loki quickly embraced Y/N as she began to cry.

——
Back at the present, everyone showed up except for two but they only knew of one.  Clint fell to his knees.

"Clint where's Nat?" Bruce asked panicked.

"No...." Loki started. Mauria came running in.

"Mr. Stark that prototype is... done..." everyone looked at the girl who smiled sadly. "She did whatever it took?" Clint nodded. Mauria then returned the gesture but felt her knees begin to collapse. The woman she looked up to now gone as well. Loki quickly caught her before she fell.

"It should've been me..." Clint muttered.

——

"Why are we talking like she's dead?" Thor started as Loki soothed his eldest daughter. "We have the stones and we could..."

"It can't be reversed. She didn't die by the stones, she died for them..." Clint said. Bruce chucked a bench into the lake.

"Well let's make sure her sacrifice wasn't in vain."

——

"Ready Banner?" Stark asked. Bruce nodded as everyone took shelter. Bruce snapped his fingers and everyone was forced back by the power. "Did work?" Tony asked as sat up.

"Guys... I think it worked..." Scott stated.

——

In Wakanda, the dust was settling as Y/N came back in a panic. She frantically looked around and seeing Wanda return. She quickly hugged her friend who began sobbing since she returned to the spot where she lost the love of her life twice.

"I told you... 5 years..." Strange said opening a portal. "You know what happens..."

"You know I'm not going to let that ending happen." Y/N said through her teeth.

"But I..." Strange started.

"And you were wrong." Y/N conjured up the trinket she had for the stones and put it on. "Did you really think that I would let that happen?"

"I want Thanos." Wanda growled.

"Trust me, we are all going to get our shots in." Y/N said darkly. "He kept me from my family for five fucking years. He will pay for what he has done."