Chapter 14 : And So Loki and Fury Talk

Loki walks into the hospital with Y/N who looked numb. When he went out on the balcony with her, she just cried silently. Little did he know that his company was very helpful to her. She walked into the room where Fury's body was. Steve, Hill, and Natasha all turned to look at her and Loki.

"What is Loki doing here?" Steve asked.

"What are you doing in this room?" Y/N mumbled.

"Y/N..." Steve started as she angrily turned her head to him.

"You were the last one to see him alive right?" Steve nodded. "What did he say?"

"He's keeping his mouth shut on that one." Natasha chimed in. Y/N got closer to Steve where they were nose to nose.

"What did he say?" Y/N practically growled at Steve and her power started to show on her hands. Loki ran up and grabbed her hand.

"Little Assassin don't." Steve looks at Loki shocked. She realized Steve hadn't been updated yet and smirked.

"You didn't hear?" She said in a condescending tone. "Fury signed off on Loki being a part of the team to find the scepter and seeing how the Winter Soldier is partly to blame for this I can only assume that HYDRA is involved." She made her powers disappear and then walked over to Fury.

"Y/N please..." Steve started and she cut him off.

"Don't you dare ask me for any favors if you won't tell us what he told you." The doctor then walked in and looked at Y/N.

"Miss Fury?" She nods not looking away from Steve. "Is this Nick Fury... your adoptive father?" Y/N walks over to Fury's body and just stares at him. Everyone in the room watches her.

"Y-Yes." Her voice breaks and Hill puts her hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"SHIELD is going to want answers." Hill says. "The three of us will take it from here. You and Romanoff head back to SHIELD. Sound good Captain Rogers?" Hill turns to Steve who nods.

"For what it's worth Y/N... I'm sorry for your loss." A tear falls down her cheek when she notices something in Fury's hand. Before she investigates further she responds.

"Thanks Capsicle. You better hope that you find the Winter Soldier before I do." She starts. "Because I am more than just a killer." Steve nods and leaves at that with Natasha. The doctor says a few things but she wasn't listening as she dropped to her knees and put her head on Fury's chest. Luckily Hill and Loki were listening to the doctor. Once he left, closing the door behind him, she opened his hand to find a paper with the words 'redrum' on it. She started laughing and looked at Hill. Loki looked at her concerned.

"Sorry kid. We had to make sure it looked real." Hill then stabbed adrenaline into Fury's chest waking him up with a gasp.

"Damn it Hill! Gentler would've been nice!" Fury shouted. Loki looked at everyone confused. Y/N hugged Fury and then slapped him upside the head. "Ow!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT ME THROUGH THIS?!" She screamed.

"Can someone explain to me what is going on?" Loki asked. Y/N handed Loki the paper in her hand that said redrum. "Ok...? Care to elaborate on this?"

"It's a line from one of her favorite movies since high school. We used to watch it on movie nights." Fury explained.

"We decided to use it as our code word to let the other know that everything is ok. On one mission the quinjet I was on went down. I used it's old timey radio to get the message to Fury. They were able to start looking for me knowing that I was alive." She had a whole mix of emotions at the moment.