Chapter 63 : And So The Talk

"MAURIIIIAAAAAA!" Frigga and Morgan shouted as they bursted into her room and jumped on her.

"Girls what are you..." Mauria then yelped when they rolled her out of bed. "Seriously?"

"Mommy is mad at Daddy for building another suit." Morgan stated.

"Yeah so you need to take us to our house! We need to set up the surprise for Mommy!" Frigga cheered. Mauria smiled and the little girl she called sister.

"Alright know it all let's go." Frigga smiled brightly.

"Hopefully Mommy and Daddy will be done fighting by then..." Frigga muttered as Mauria stood up.

"What? Frigga what would they be fighting about?"

——

"Darling, what's that?" Loki asked. Y/N showed it to him.

"Is this what you wanted to talk about?" Loki's face paled and he cursed himself for not paying attention. This was the last thing he needed, they needed. He burned the number to ash and Y/N's teary eyes widened. "L-Loki you didn't have to do that... if you want to move on because there's too much pain after everything I understand. We will work things out with Frigga and..."

"Stop that..." Loki said through his teeth. He was angry and hurt that Y/N would think such things.

"Loki I..."

"NO! DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURT WHEN YOU WEREN'T HERE?! I COULDN'T EVEN MOURN YOU UNTIL LAST YEAR!" Loki shouted making Y/N close her mouth. "THEN YOU DIED IN MY ARMS WHEN I JUST GOT YOU BACK! AND YOU THINK I WOULD CARE ABOUT SOME WHORE'S NUMBER?! IF ONLY YOU COULD HAVE SEEN..."

"I did see..." She said calmly. "I saw all the pain I put you through. I saw what me turning to dust in your arms did to you and how strong you were for our daughters." Loki then went wide eyed. The rage he was feeling only growing now.

"YOU SAW ALL THAT AND THOUGHT I WOULD JUST TOSS YOU ASIDE?!" Loki was breaking down right in front of her. She tried to get up to comfort him but only winced in pain.

"I just thought... you sacrificed so much for five years and more... you deserve..."

"NO YOU DO NOT GET TO TELL ME WHAT I DESERVE!" Loki shouted. Y/N saw him turn to leave so he could calm down. Y/N pulled her IV out of her bag just as Loki put his hand on the door knob and quickly stood only to fall flat on her face as she did.

"D-don't go... I'm sorry I just..." She started to cry on the floor and Loki quickly lifted her up bridal style and laid her back down.

"Just... Just give me a minute to calm down and get you a nurse to put in the IV again alright?" Y/N looked down and nodded. He sighed and ruffled her hair before he left. That action left Y/N in tears. He didn't even kiss her forehead. She knows he loves her but he was faithful and miserable for 5 years. Immortal or not, that's a long time. He raised their daughters with Nat, Tony, and Pepper. She was no where in the picture anymore at that point. She didn't want to be the reason everyone stayed unhappy or the reason they couldn't move forward with life because she had to play catch up. She started crying and hugging herself as she did.

——

Loki was fuming at how she could possibly think he wouldn't want to be with her. If she saw how hurt he was how could she think that. Loki found a nurse and sent her to Y/N while also reporting the nurse that slipped him his number. He walked by a room where a woman and man were hugging each other and crying.

"Are you sure you still want to be with me? I missed everything. You are going to basically have to start over and... and... I don't want to hold you and the boys back." The man said as the woman smiled kindly at him.

"The boys and I are just glad you are back to us. Also, don't think of it as starting over hun. Think of it as it is... a new chapter and a new chance to make wonderful memories." She kissed him sweetly and Loki's heart ached. "You are not a burden my love." Loki's eyes widened and he turned around to head back to Y/N's room. He understood now as he started to run as fast as he could. She didn't want to hold him, Mauria and Frigga back anymore but she never did and he just left her in her room alone. He burst through her door to find her curled up in a ball sobbing loudly.

"Little Assassin I'm..." She leapt from the bed and  wrapped her arms around him. She longed for his embrace, she craved his scent, and she felt foolish for how she acted. Before she lost her balance, Loki wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry... I'm so so so so sorry..." She mumbled as she started to calm down.

"No Darling I'm sorry.... I missed you so much and have been so relieved that you are alright. I love you so much and..." Loki lifted her up and then cuddled her in the hospital bed. "I just froze... I froze because what I was feeling was so overwhelming to me. My darling little assassin I want to be with you. Frigga wants to be with her mother. We both need to be with you. I love you and you aren't a burden my love. Quite the contrary in fact."

"You mean..." Loki smiled and kissed her passionately. Y/N melted into it and it would have continued if she didn't whimper in pain. She pouted when the kiss broke and Loki chuckled.

"I love you Darling and I promise you that there will be plenty of time for that in the very near future." Y/N smiled and nuzzled into him and teared up when Loki slipped her engagement ring back on her finger. "I plan on being with you until the end of my days."