Chapter 34 : And So She Helps

A/N: The picture below is how her eyes now look. The artwork I use in the book are not mine.

 The artwork I use in the book are not mine

——

"20 YEARS CHAR!" Annessa screamed as a woman was bandaging Y/N's eye in Fury's home.

"You are going to lose some of your eye sight but it will heal. Your eye is already turning a very light blue, almost white. I would keep an eye on it." Y/N nodded as she rubbed her temples. Fury chuckled as they listened to Char and Annessa argue.

"I remember a couple of dinners with you and Loki being like that." Fury said. "I was beginning to like him. Especially with him making you smile so much."

"We weren't fighting like that though. My idiot of a brother left her for 20 years..."

"To look for you kid." Fury said patting her back. "How are you holding up with everything?"

"You want the lie or the truth?" She asked.

"I'm sorry kid." Fury responded.

"And another thing..." Annessa continued before Y/N slammed her hand on the table to get everyone silent.

"Just kiss already! Jeez! Annessa waited for you for 20 years because she loves you and you are sitting here rolling your eyes like she shouldn't be pissed! And Annessa you are repeating yourself! You two love each other so don't fucking waste time fighting about this! I would give anything for Loki to have been faking his death! So make up already!" She didn't notice but tears were streaming down her face out of frustration. The random snap made everyone silent when her phone rang and it was Tony.

——

Fury and Y/N were on their way to Athens. Annessa and Char had made up, deciding to build a life in Greece. After her outburst Char realized that what he did was wrong and that he should have found a way to contact Annessa or go back to Asgard. Annessa had nothing to apologize for so she didn't but she did give him a second chance.

"I cannot believe Tony was so desperate."

"I can." Fury said and then chuckled. "You two are alike in that way. You want to make everything right and you only see the worst in yourselves."

"What turned you so nice?" She asked chuckling.

"Greece. I love it here." Fury said. They then made it to the quinjet and flew to Clint's barn. When they arrived, Tony was sent to the barn to talk to Fury. Clint's kids ran out practically tackling Y/N. The group then came up with a plan and Y/N went back to the tower first, alone. She was brewing tea and started to walk to Tony's lab.

"What happened Little Assassin?" Y/N sighed and turned around.

"It's fine and I'm fine. You aren't here so please... please just leave me alone!" She snapped. "Do you know that this is killing me?! You died in my arms! I saw it! I felt it! I... I..." She threw her cup of tea at the wall.