Chapter 8 : And So They Party

**** This is what you are wearing in this chapter****

Tony updated everyone on the change of plans and said for everyone to wear something comfortable. So Y/N got into her Purple Rain pajamas after showering. She couldn't seem to stop smiling after today. She felt extremely lighter, like a huge weight was just lifted off of her shoulders. She grabbed her book, 'A Study in Scarlet', and headed to the library to read before everyone was supposed to meet. She sat on the couch upside down and began reading in that position. When she read, the world became a blur to her. She did not even hear the library doors open or anyone sitting next to her. Eventually, her head started to feel heavy and she sat up right only to jump and fall off the couch completely as she saw Loki just casually reading the same book.

"FUCK!" She then hit the ground with a thud causing Loki to look up and chuckle.

"Did I scare you Little Assassin?" He had a smug tone about him as he said this which bothered Y/N. She thought for a minute and then smirked.

"Yeah. I saw your face." She teased. This in turn caused Loki to look down at her as she was still on the floor. He adorned a devilish grin as he reached down and lifted her chin up to face him properly.

"And were so shocked that you fell back. I have to say Little Assassin, I'm touched." Her face flushed a light pink as she playfully pushed his hand away and scoffed.

"Ok I give. You win." She laughed it off. Loki returned as if everything was normal. Loki sat normally on the couch and Y/N decided to turn her back to him and lean on him. She rested the back of her head on his shoulder as she held up her book and began reading. Loki went slightly wide eyed at how familiar she was acting but had a smile on his face. "I like reading with you."

"Do you now?" Y/N didn't look up from her book for a moment as Loki turned his face to be able to see her. She eventually closed her book and placed it on the coffee table. She then turned to face Loki, looking into his emerald green eyes. She got lost in his eyes for a moment then shook her head.

"I do. I like your company. Makes my life easier." Loki chuckled and then returned to his book while Y/N didn't break her gaze. "Why are you helping me? And why do you call me Little Assassin?"

"Because you are short and you are an assassin." Loki teased and looked at her. She gave him a serious look because they both knew that that wasn't the question she wanted answered. Loki sighed and flicked her forehead.

"Hey!" She then threw a pillow from the couch at him and he caught it.

"You are over thinking things. I am redeeming myself so I can go back home." She nodded and went back to her book. She didn't understand why that answer bothered her so much but it did. Loki looked at her a little surprised that she seemed to be slightly upset. He sighed as he looked at her. "Plus, I find you intriguing."