Chapter 20 : And So She Is More Determined

"I don't understand how you don't have more injuries. I have ran tests and labs and there is still no explanation how you only came out with just bruises, two fractured ribs, and the obvious bruises, cuts, and bullet wound." Bruce says looking at everything in Y/N's medical file. "With everything that happened it should have been way more." Y/N was sitting on a bed in a sports bra and leggings.

"As much as I enjoy your rambling, can I please leave? I have to talk to the team about this and I would like to check on Loki." It had only been a couple hours apart but she was worried about him. Bruce had bandaged up her neck to hide the markings per her request.

"He's still in Cho's machine. How is your neck? Your voice still sounds raspy."

"I was choked with a metal arm. If he wanted me dead I would be." She replied clearly irritated. "Bruce I can't just sit here anymore. I get you have orders from Fury and Tony but please let me leave..."

"I don't take orders from Tony."

"Sure you don't buddy." She said hopping down from the bed.

"Look Loki's vitals are fine. They are just patching him up and then you can see him. Just rest for a few more hours." Bruce was always so kind hearted and she remembers everything that Tony tells her about him. She then touches his hand and goes into his mind. She learns that he is mainly listening to Natasha who was worried about her even though Y/N couldn't see it on her face. She sighed defeated.

"Fine... I will stay for one more hour..." Bruce looks at her.

"Did you just..?" Bruce starts.

"Yup. And if you like her so much you should just tell her lover boy." Y/N teased as Natasha and Steve walk in.

"Tell what to who?" Natasha asks.

"Rogers, your boy did a real number on me." She says. "I thought you said he saved you from one of the ships crashing when you guys destroyed SHIELD."

"I believe he did." Steve corrected. Natasha crossed her arms and Y/N looked over.

"And I'm not gunna answer your question Romanoff." She smirks seeing Natasha clearly bothered.

"We need to talk." Steve says.

"No shit Captain Obvious." She sits back on her bed. "But I want to keep everyone on the same page so when Bruce let's me leave we will call a meeting."

"After you check on your boyfriend?" Steve was now teasing her which made her laugh. Steve then grabbed a glass of water when she started coughing. Her throat hurt which was no surprise. She drank the water happily. "I do want to say, that I looked at the footage and he seemed to be after you specifically. If HYDRA still has control over him then they are probably after you."

"Joy." She rolled her eyes. "But it's to be expected. I leaked a lot of their information to SHIELD while under cover and Nat spilled it all over the internet. I'm probably one of the top people on their list." Natasha then started looking over the bandage on her arm, the bruises on her back and stomach, the stitches on the left side of her forehead, and then the bandage on her neck.

"Jeez how are you moving right now?" Natasha was shocked.

"Alright mother hen, stop your worrying. I'm fine!" She stands up, a little wobbly but she stood there confidently. "See?" They all tried to get her to sit back down as Cho walked in to talk to Bruce about Loki. She was saying that he was fine but he was asleep because of the loss of blood but that his vitals were more than fine. Y/N looked down at her hands and there was a ringing in her ears that tuned everyone out. She did not even notice Tony walk in. Her hands started to shake a little as she looked at them. She remembered Loki's blood being on them. Everyone tried to get her attention but to no avail. Tony finally walked up to her.