Chapter 62 : And So Tears and Insecurities

"Uncle Tony?" Frigga asked as she followed him around his work station.

"What's up kiddo?" Tony asked as he continued working on a helmet for Morgan.

"Is Daddy ok?" Tony sighed and picked up the little girl and sat her down on the counter.

"Of course he's ok Squirt." Tony said with a smile.

"Then why is Daddy in the hospital with Mommy?" Tony thought for a minute as he didn't want to scare Frigga.

"Well your mom needs some help right now and..."

"I know Mommy died because of the stones." Frigga said and Tony chuckled.

"Never could keep things from you could I?" Frigga smiled at her uncle.

"But Mommy will wake up soon. I know it." Tony looked at her. "But you didn't answer my question Uncle Tony. Is Daddy ok? Did Mommy make him sad?"

"Your mom has never hurt your dad intentionally Squirt. She just wants to keep her family safe and that sometimes causes your dad to worry about her. That's all." Frigga seemed satisfied with that answer.

"And what about my sister? Is she ok? She's never stayed here this long since she moved out." Tony ruffled her hair and looked Frigga in the eye.

"Mauria is sad and misses Auntie Nat. That's going to take a lot of time to heal." Tony's phone then dinged with a text from Loki stating Y/N was up. He chuckled. "Your mom is up kiddo. Want to go see her?"

——

"Darling..." He squeezed Y/N's hand with tears in his eyes. Y/N began to let her tears flow freely but she didn't make a sound. She wanted to hug Loki, kiss Loki, be close to him in any way possible. Even though she saw everything and all her memories are in tact, she worried that he may be too hurt to want her in that way anymore. She turned to dust, leaving her daughters and her love behind. Loki saw her tears and smiled kindly at her. "Welcome back..."

"Y-Yeah... good to be back..." Loki's eyebrows scrunched together and, as if he read her mind, he was about to say something when the doctor came in.

"Well Agent Y/N, good to have you back. Thought we were going to loose you there for a second." The doctor began running tests and except for the pain Y/N was in, she was fine. The doctor wanted to keep her for two more nights for observation but she didn't need to be hooked up to all the machines. Loki didn't take his eyes off of her as he waited patiently for the nurses to leave.

"Darling we need to..."

"M-Mommy?" Frigga's tiny voice interrupted him. Y/N's breath hitched as she sat up and smiled at their daughter. "MOMMY!!!!" Frigga then squirmed from Tony's grip and climbed into bed with her mother. They both cried and hugged each other tightly.

"I'm so sorry sweet heart... I'm so sorry I was gone for so long..." Y/N whispered. Frigga nuzzled close to her mother and cried herself to sleep. "How's Mauria?" Y/N whispered to not wake her sleeping child.

"She's sad. She wanted some more alone time before she came to visit." Tony said. Y/N nodded as she avoided Loki's gaze. Tony noticed and realized a conversation needed to be had between the two. "Why don't I take Frigga home to sleep and then bring her back in the morning?" Y/N, immediately protective, held Frigga closer to her. Neither men understood what she was feeling in that moment, they weren't separated from their loved ones for five years and could only watch them from the soul realm. Neither were unable to hug their child and fix their pain. Neither just had to sit back and watch for five years and not be able to tuck their child in at night.

"P-P-Please.... Don't take her...." Both men were shocked as Y/N began to weep and hug her daughter. "I... Please... I..." Loki quickly put a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"Ok Little Assassin, just breathe. I will go get an extra blanket for Frigga ok?" Y/N nodded as Loki left with Tony to acquire an extra blanket. Tony was about to speak when Loki just blurted out, "She doesn't think I want to be with her right now."

"What? Did she say that?" Loki shook his head and then asked the nurse for an extra blanket.

"No but the look in her eyes..." Loki gulped. "I didn't answer her question to what I needed... I didn't hug her or kiss her when she woke up... I just was so thankful she was ok that I froze... I haven't been able to say anything to her since she woke up..." The nurse handed Loki the blanket and didn't notice the nurse had slipped her number inside it.

"Then I think you need to say something to her before she spirals more."

——

"Oh! And Morgan is super smart too Mommy! And Uncle Thor got squishy and Mr. Happy took us for cheeseburgers all the time! And and and..."Frigga excitedly was explaining to her mother who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Well someone woke up huh?" Tony said with a smirk.

"Oh! And Auntie Pepper found another suite in Uncle Tony's workshop this morning!" Tony's face paled. "Oh! Mommy I wanna set up my surprise for you!"

"F-For me?" Y/N got teary eyed.

"Yeah! I've been working on it in secret!" Frigga smiled and whispered, "Daddy doesn't even know what I'm doing." Frigga giggled. Y/N really didn't want to be without Frigga right now but she put on a brave face for her daughter.

"Ok sweetheart. L-Loki are you staying?" Y/N looked at Loki with hopeful eyes and he just smiled.

"Yes Darling I'm staying." Loki put the blanket down and turned to Tony to talk about Frigga staying another night. A small piece of paper came out and Y/N quickly grabbed it to hide it under her pillow.

"Sleep well Mommy! I'll come back tomorrow!" Frigga then hugged her mom and then wiggled down to go to her dead. "Take care of Mommy ok Daddy?"

"Of course I will." Loki smiled and hugged his daughter. She then left with Tony. Loki watched them walk down the hallway and came back into the room to see Y/N look at a small piece of paper and a waterfall of tears streaming down her face. She stared at the paper that said "Call me" with a heart and a phone number. "Darling what's that?"