Chapter 2 : And So She is Compromised

**** This is what you are wearing only with healed boots while undercover at HYDRA****

**** This is her normal SHEILD outfit****

"Maria, glad I caught you. I have new recruits who are willing to work with us to change the world." A man in a lab coat called out to Y/N using her undercover name. She turns to see two siblings as the man hands her a file. "Will you please take them to their uh..... rooms." The man cleared his throat as Y/N took the file. She opened it seeing that they were twins, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff.

"Yes. I will also let the doctor know. They look to be the perfect subjects for his plans to make this world better." Y/N wanted to vomit as the words came out of her mouth. The man smiled leaving the twins with her. She walked them to their rooms and gave them their garbs. "The doctor will come to get you when he is ready, normally there are guards at the doors but not for you two, so if you need something let us know." 

"Well we ARE volunteers." The girl known as Wanda replied. Y/N said nothing and just nodded leaving them in their 'room'. She then took the file to the doctor after first taking pictures of all the information. She quickly encrypted them into SHEILDS' files and then deleted the evidence in her phone. Most of the day today the other members of HYDRA were discussing the twins and were looking forward to start their work. Though Y/N was good at hiding and suppressing her emotions majority of the time, she felt disgusted. Though the twins looked to be about her age, she could not understand how they could think to even run these tests on them. 

"Maria! Help me with our Winter Soldier." Another man called out. "He needs training. Can you please oblige?" Y/N assists the doctor and trains the soldiers in fighting techniques. The Winter Soldier was her main deal. She gets the mission reports and half a year of doing so has learned that Captain America knows him. She does her best to snap the soldiers out of their trances and help them escape without being caught by HYDRA but she has found it next to impossible to do this and thus it was mostly fruitless. The two enter the training room.

"Mission report." Y/N commands and the winter soldier tells her his failure. In the middle of his explanation she starts sparing with him. Eventually he is knocked off his feet. "Always be prepared. Meaning keep your guard up regardless if you know the person. Do you recognize him?" She seemed emotionless as she talked knowing the torture they have put him through she stayed alert. She then holds up a picture of Captain America. He then writhes in pain and becomes angry. Charging at Y/N with fear and determination in his eyes. She fights him off for a while until he pins her down on the ground. To say she was shocked was an understatement.

"I don't know him nor recognize him as anything other than the enemy." He says through his teeth and starts wailing on her. Her face is bruised, nose is bleeding, and then he punches her right in the gut. 

"But that's not true is it soldier?" Y/N asks again grabbing the picture of the captain and holding it up to his face. "Who is he?" The Winter Soldier grabbed her by the throat after kicking her in the gut repeatedly. She took notice that he started to recognize the picture as he lifted her off oif the ground by the neck. He kept screaming about who she really was and why he felt he recognized the man in the picture but his screams now muffled as she was losing oxygen from his grip. Y/N struggled but was remaining calm, she should be more freaked out by this shouldn't she? As he kept talking she could tell that he was on the verge of remembering, even if it was only going to be a little bit. The winter soldier then threw her at the cement wall as other members of HYDRA ran in screaming that she was a breach in their security. She knew it was too risky to try and help him but she had to.

"Shit..." She groaned as the doctor crouches down to her level. He lifts her chin up so she is making what eye contact she can muster with him.

"Wifi is a funny thing, easy to track. You will pay dearly for the information you stole from us." He slaps her across the face and all she could do was smirk and spit on him. The doctor chuckled going to the winter soldier. He whispered something to him as he walked up to her. She started to stand but one of the guards shot her in the leg. She stifled her scream, refusing to give them that satisfaction. She looked up at the winter soldier who then used his metal arm to reach out and wrap his cold fingers around her throat. She normally kept her emotions in check in order to keep her powers at bay but this time, as she lost oxygen and began to struggle, she let fear consume her.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" A guard shouted. Her eyes turned completely black as she demanded to be let go of. The black smoke then sliced off the winter soldier's metal arm and she threw the other half on the ground as she levitated. The black smoke started to grab and throw the guards around the room knocking them out. She looked and sounded like a demon as she screamed in pain. Tears rolled down her face, her magic was painful to use. She started to think about her childhood, something that always calmed her down, and thought about Fury. Fury had always protected her and she looked at him like a father. As she continued to scream in agony she suddenly disappeared to only reappear at the top of the Avengers tower right in front of Fury who was talking to Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff.

"I-I've been compromised..." She said matter of factly as her eyes returned to normal and she fell to her knees. The three ran up to her, Tony and Nat helped her up but she quickly shook them off. "I can walk by my..." She could not finish her sentence before she blacked out.