Chapter 59: And So The 5 Year Gap

"Frigga please..." Loki begged his crying daughter. It had been 3 months and the only time Frigga wasn't crying was when she was eating or sleeping. Loki was rocking her back and forth in the middle of the night. The baby in his arms must have known. A tear slipped from his eye and landed on Frigga's face. "I know... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I miss her too..."

——

"Mrs. Loki... are you ok?" Y/N quickly turned to Peter and smiled. Her eyes were void of anything and the smile was clearly fake.

"Yes. Let's go again." They were sparring again and Y/N was unphased and not pulling any punches. "Again." Peter charged with a war cry at the completely emotionless woman before him, whom was training him.

——

It has now been a year and Loki was struggling. Thor had fallen into a deep depression and none of the Avengers have checked on him. Valkyrie had been running New Asgard with Loki's help. Natasha was helping with raising Mauria as Loki didn't have all the answers to some of her questions. Tony and him would talk parenting tips and their little girls would have play dates. Loki, and the little spare time he had, would also research ways to bring Y/N back. He didn't know that Y/N was watching him.

Watching him in her own pain that she has missed out on being a mother. That there was no wedding planning. Not being in Loki's arms. Loki was crawling after their one year old daughter who was giggling and crawling away from Loki.

"Alright Little Darling. It's time to go see Uncle Tony and Morgan." Giggling she then crawled further away from Loki who then stood and scooped her up with him. Frigga looked to the side and saw a window into the soul realm. Seeing her mother. Frigga started to reach towards the window and cry.

"Mama!" She called out. Loki could not see what she was seeing but his heart shattered.

"I know Little Darling, I miss her too."

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" Frigga began crying and Y/N had a spark of emotion back on her face as she stared back at her crying child.

"She can see into the soul realm..." Strange said. Y/N didn't look away as she absentmindedly reached for her child and fiancé. "I read about people who can see into the soul realm but never believed it to be true... until now." Y/N smiled at her daughter and lovingly whispered,

"Sssshhhh Frigga it's ok. I'm always with you." Loki began looking around. His heart skipped a beat as he heard her voice.

"Darling?!" Looking around Y/N's heart sunk as she watched Loki's heart shatter all over again. Y/N silently began to cry as Frigga began to whimper.

"Where go? Where go Mama?" Y/N began sobbing loudly as Strange rubbed her back.

"4 more years. That's it. I promise."

——

It's now been 5 years and Loki had given up hope on trying to bring back his love. Mauria became a research agent for the Avengers. When Thor killed Thanos Loki stayed behind with his daughters and he cursed himself daily recently for not being able to torture the bastard. He moved next door to Tony and Pepper as he needed more help from them when his depression would hit an all time low.

Y/N on the other hand had hope. Frigga could see her and talk to her from time to time. This made Y/N's time more bearable. But today, instead of watching over Frigga, she watched over Loki. Wong had just entered Loki's home with Y/N's diaries.

"I think it's time you read some these." Wong set them down in front of Loki. He shook his head.

"She hasn't given me permission..."

"It's been five years Loki. I think she would want you to read them." Loki nodded and Wong left. After staring at the journals for while, Loki grabbed one. He began to read them out loud to no one as his sobs escaped his lips at a particular passage.

"Dear Loki, it's been a couple years since your death. Words alone cannot describe how much I miss you. I still hallucinate you even after everything with Ultron and leaving the compound. Luckily I'm almost done with my training with Strange. He insists I call him doctor but I don't out of spite. He's so easy to piss off, I don't think you two would get along though. I'm moving to Greece when this is all over and Tony is watching out for me. He doesn't need to but I know that would make you happy to know that someone is making sure I'm ok. To be honest... I'm not ok. Far from it. I miss you so much. Not the hallucination of you, but really you. I still cry myself to sleep at night, clinging to your jacket. It no longer smells like you though. I would give anything to have you by my side. To feel your arms around me and telling me it's all going to be alright. There is no one else but you Loki. I kissed Wanda once, your hallucination was so mad at me and hurt. But I haven't done anything since then, nor do I want to. You were my everything and I truly feel that I'm nothing without you. I love you with my everything. Your Little Assassin." Loki set that journal down and picked up a vase. He threw it at the wall, ultimately shattering it.

"Is there no end to this hel?! I can't figure out a way to bring you home! I sometimes think I hear you! I know you are watching over us but I need you here! My darling Little Assassin I need you in my arms! I wasted so much time faking my death!" Loki then threw a coaster at his tv.

"Whoa Reindeer Games." Loki then turned to see Tony. "Finally going through the grieving process I see. Look I don't want to get your hopes up as it's very far fetched but... I need your help with figuring something out and if it works then maybe..."

"Stark don't say those words unless you are serious." Loki snarled.

"I was coming over to tell you I turned our super group down but seeing this... you have changed my mind. I want her and Peter home. So let's bring them home."