Chapter 12 : And So They Talk To Fury

About 3 months have gone by now and Y/N's days were pretty scheduled. Clint and Natasha always commented about how focused she had become on mastering her powers. She now had almost complete control over them. When she would feel extreme emotion now was the only time it went crazy. Loki was now teaching her some tricks, such as teleporting and using that teleportation while fighting. She had also learned how to duplicate herself. That took about a week but it uses most of her energy. When she wasn't training her and Tony were looking into her past by going through home videos given to them by Fury, going through her files, and asking Fury more questions. Seeing if anything at all would help jog her memory. Although the main thing that seemed to cause the nightmares to come was after training as she got stronger. Loki and her would spend their nights reading together and when she would start screaming because of the nightmares Loki would come running. She went on a few missions but had recently started digging her heals in the sand when Fury wouldn't let Loki come. Especially if it was about his scepter. Clint had since "retired" and left the tower but he did come to visit a lot.

"So you aren't going on this mission either?" Loki asked as she was making some tea.

"No. This one has nothing to do with HYDRA or the scepter." Y/N said. "Only Natasha and Steve are going on this one. Everyone else is doing their own thing today." Y/N started using her powers to get the kettle from the top shelf. Tony always put them there because she was short and he thought it was funny even though he was pretty short too. She used to climb up or beg Loki to get it down for her but now that she had such control over her powers it was easy for her to get things down.

"You have grown quite comfortable with your powers." Loki says raising his eyebrows. She grabs two tea cups and fills the kettle up with water. Her black smoke then put the kettle on the stove and turned it on.

"Yeah! It's great! Feels like a lot of pressure in my head is has been released." Loki smiles at her and then gets up to get the tea down.

"Just don't over do it Little Assassin." She smiles up at Loki. Even though there was a lot going on she had grown quite happy with her days in the tower. Especially her time with Loki. Whenever she was with Tony she had a lot of fun and learned a lot but she would keep looking at the clock for dinner time and then enjoy reading with him in the library. Fury would come to the tower for dinner sometimes but would really only converse with Clint, Natasha, and Y/N. He would sometimes talk to Steve but that was rare especially since Y/N told him later than he wanted about The Winter Soldier and Fury was there to be with Y/N. The kettle whistled and Y/N used her magic to pour the hot water into the tea pot. She then put the leaves in the tea pot and set up two spots at the table for her and Loki. The rain was pouring outside and she was using her powers to stir her tea as she stared out the window. Loki just looked at her when her phone buzzed. It was Fury. 

"Huh." She said looking at her phone. "He said he wants to meet with both of us at his office. He's sending a quinjet later today, like around 3:30." She responded to her phone completely unconcerned and continued to stare out the window as she sipped her tea. Loki looked at her for more information but she didn't have any. 

"Did he say what it was about?" Loki asked. She was spaced out. With training being a lot harder and her nightmares, though all the same one of her turning herself to a six year old, were causing her to not sleep as much. "Little Assassin?" She snapped back into reality and turned to Loki giving him an exhausted smile.

"Yeah? What is it?" She yawned and then drank more of her tea. Loki had noticed how tired she had become. After she woke from her nightmares screaming she wouldn't go back to sleep and Loki ended up staying up with her and reading in her bed. Of course, this caused Tony to tease her but she had plenty of ammunition to fire back at him.