Chapter 58: And So There's Dust In The Air

Y/N immediately wrapped her arms around Loki, shaking a little from her own anxiety. War was approaching and she had a subtle idea on how it was going to end. Loki began drawing calming circles on her lower back as they all met with the the prince and his sister Shuri whom Y/N took a liking to. But not once did she let go of Loki. They were shown to their chambers for the remainder of the night, dinner was going to be brought to them per Loki's request as he could see his wife to be growing more and more worried.

"They have begun working on Vision and removing his stone to where he can stay alive." Loki told Y/N. She merely nodded as she looked out the window. "Little Assassin... please eat..." Loki came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She leaned into him and hummed.

"They will be here soon..." Tears rolled down her cheeks as she said this. "We eat then prepare for war..." She turned in Loki's arms so she was facing him.

"Little Assassin..." He kissed her tears away as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Kiss me... please?" Loki pulled her as close as he could to him and kissed her with all of his love. Kissed her like it was the last time he was ever going to get to. She entangled her fingers in his hair, deepening the kiss. Engraving this feeling into her very soul.

——

"Wanda how close is Shuri?!" Y/N shouts through her ear piece as she and Loki slay more chitauri.

"She says she is almost there." Wanda replied as Y/N cut the head off of a chitauri.

"Darling are you alright?" Loki grunted. She looked down and saw a dagger sticking out of her leg.

"Been through worse." She pulled it out and then looked up to see Proxima charging towards her. Y/N smirked and her eyes turned black. "Cover me my love." Loki nodded taking care of all the chitauri around them by cloning himself. Y/N charged at Proxima as her power grew in her hands. Proxima lunged but Y/N wrapped her up in her magic and slammed her into the ground hard enough to make a crater of sorts. Black smoke came from the ground as Y/N and Proxima began to throw punch after punch.

"Worthless child! Thanos will succeed!" Proxima shouted as Y/N held Proxima's own spear against her throat. Y/N chuckled darkly.

"Yes but how long do you think that will last?" Y/N then slit Proxima's throat before she could answer and then stabbed her in the heart. She rolled her eyes as chitauri then tried to attack her from behind but Loki was too quick. A big boom was heard and when they looked up they saw Thor charging.

"BRING ME THANOS!"

——

"Wanda... I can do it instead..." Y/N sighs as everyone is trying to keep Thanos at bay. "I'm so sorry...."

"I know... but it should be me..." Wanda begins to destroy the mind stone on Visions head and Y/N blocks Thanos' blasts. Both women screaming as they do so. Y/N's heart was breaking for Vision and Wanda but she also was using all her power. She then went wide eyed as she noticed something.

"WANDA WAIT!" But it was too late, she destroyed the stone. Y/N's eyes teared up as she screamed while Thanos started dragging Y/N by her hair. Y/N fought against his grip. "STOP THIS! THAT WITCH LIED TO YOU! YOU WILL NEVER GET WHAT YOU WANT!"

"Oh Little One... you were always naive. This is bigger than what I can gain from this." Thanos muttered before making Y/N watch him break Wanda's heart all over again. With tears streaming down her face, she saw Thor's new weapon Pierce Thanos's chest. Wanda was crying and heartbroken as she held Vision in her arms. Immediately having a need to see Loki, knowing how this was going to end as she saw everyone turning to dust.

"LOKI!" She shouted, sighing in relief that Loki was still in tact. Loki teleported to her and kissed her. Holding her close, she looked down and she began to sob as she stared at her hand. "Oh Loki... I'm so sorry... I failed you..."

"No Darling... you could never fail me." He cupped her cheeks as she studied his face. Then he saw it as she reached up to touch his hair one last time. She was very slowly turning to dust. "No... NO! DARLING PLEASE!"

"Listen to me..." Loki began to silently sob as he pulled her closer to him and refusing to let go. "Take care of our girls. Don't spiral. Don't run. I will be with you always and watching my family. Please be happy, as happy as you can be. Don't shut your brother out. But most importantly, don't forget my love for you. Ever. Please, smile... I want to see it one more time..." Loki did his best but he could not keep it up for long.

"We will find a way to fix this my love. I will! I won't stop. I need you. Our girls need you. I love you so much Darling just please..." Y/N smiled through her tears as she disappeared and her dust flew away. Loki fell to his knees, staring at his hands. "N-No... no... no no no..."

——

Frigga was screaming as Wong met everyone at the compound, everyone that was left. Luckily both of their girls were ok. Mauria saw Loki with his head in his hands. Unable to face them. He believes he failed them. Frigga just wouldn't stop crying and throwing a fit in Wong's arms. Wong looked around and then Frigga's nonstop fits made sense. Suddenly Frigga started to turn all blue and the windows began to freeze. Loki quickly got up and took Frigga in his arms. Both him and Mauria fell to their knees. She hugged Loki as she silently began to cry and Frigga continued to wail.

"I'm sorry girls... I'm so sorry..." Loki kept muttering to them. He hugged Mauria back with one arm and continued to hold Frigga with the other, keeping her frost giant form at bay as his youngest was unable to control her powers at such a young age. "I promise to protect you girls... I promise to try and reverse this... I'm so so so incredibly sorry..."

——

"Mrs. Loki?" Tears were streaming down Y/N's face as Peter and Strange slowly approached her.

"Y/N I..." Y/N glared at Strange so he shut his mouth.

"You gave up the time stone like a moron! You should have let them or Wanda destroy it! Then NONE of this would be an issue!" Y/N then got in Strange's face as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I WOULD BE THERE WITH MY FIANCÉ AND MY DAUGHTERS RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF WATCHING THEM FROM THE SOUL REALM! MY FAMILY, AND MANY OTHERS, ARE BROKEN BY YOUR POOR DECISION MAKING!"

"We will be back in five years and..." Her eyes went black as she levitated Strange with her powers.

"Doesn't matter... I will forever blame you." She then dropped him and turned back to her family who was still all crowded together, crying for her. She listened to Loki's promise to their girls and fell her knees. "For your sake, when we get back to the real world.... Whatever plan you have.... It better work and better involve me ending the purple grapes life."