Chapter 40 : And So They Decide To Stay

They eventually went back to the party where Loki began to make friends of his own while Y/N and Scrapper 142 kept making bets on who would last longer in the ring. Y/N would frantically look around for Loki if he left her eye sight for more than a moment. Loki could tell something had her completely terrified. The more he conversed with those around him the more he realized that she had built a life here in the short amount of time that she was there and it all seemed on the intent on staying. Then shouting was heard and immediately he saw Scrapper 142 punching somebody and the bartender pulling a knife out of Y/N's hand.

Y/N stood there shocked for a second and then turned to kick the guy who was now on the floor as Loki immediately teleported over to her. Blood dripped from her hand as the guy got dragged off by Scrapper 142. She lifted her hand and Loki immediately took it as she winced. Loki then noticed other scars on her arm.

"It happens a lot my King." She said in a sly tone. "It's how this place works. People pick fights a lot and the loser... well... I will have to show that later." She smirks grabbing a bottle pouring the alcohol on her hand. She chokes back her whimper as she wraps her hand in a towel.

"Made my work for the day much easier." Scrapper 142 says. "That was ridiculous. So what made him so pissed with you?"

"Told him to basically leave me alone." Y/N responded.

"Ah. Another one trying to get close to baby bro?" Scrapper 142 asked. Y/N nodded and did a fake yawn.

"I think me and Loki are going to retire to our chambers." She said.

"Darling we really should get your hand checked out." Both the women chuckled at Loki.

"Hun we have everything we need in our room. There aren't exactly doctors or healers here. And if there are any they aren't great unless you are Nico." She says as she turns on her heals to leave. As Y/N walks towards Nico, Scrapper 142 grabs Loki's wrist.

"Keep an eye on her lackie." Loki turns to her.

"It's Loki. And you don't need to tell me what to do." He responds catching up to Y/N.

——

"OW!" Y/N shouts as loki starts stitching her hand.

"If you would just let me use my magic I could..."

"Absolutely not Fancy Pants!" She says. "Sakaar is dangerous so you need to be prepared for anything. So save your strength for that." She then whimpers and whines as he continues.

"How did you take care of yourself without me here?" Loki asks.

"I would just wrap them up." She muttered.

"No wonder you have 5 more scars." Loki then finished and rewrapped her hand. "You need to properly take care of wounds. If you would just let me use my magic on you..."

"I said no!" She snapped. Loki looked at her wide eyed and then fell silent as he finished her stitches. He then got up and walked to their bathroom. "Loki I..."

"I can handle ruffians without my magic. You know this. So what has you so scared?" Loki said with absolutely no emotion. She was frozen and her gaze was on him but it was like she wasn't there. "Little Assassin?"

——

The ship was destroyed and Thanos was torturing Thor who had short hair with the power stone. She couldn't make out the words being said but Loki held the tesseract and then tuck and rolled out of the way for the hulk starting to fight Thanos. Y/N saw her own bloody hands illuminate as she began to heal Thor. She was frantically looking around for Loki. Thor gripped her wrist reassuringly and she bolted looking for him. The bifrost then took the hulk back to earth and she turned to see Loki.