Chapter 15 : And So SHIELD Is Gone

Loki's room

Loki's room

Loki teleports to the quinjet and they board it. Loki and Y/N put it in stealth mode before they take off. Tony had set an autopilot for on the way back to the tower since he figured Y/N would be a wreck. As the quinjet is flying back to New York, Y/N kept staring out the window deep in thought about the entirety of the day and about the few moments with Loki.

"What did I want him to do? Kiss me? How can I hope for that? Every time I get close to being happy, people get hurt...." As she was thinking these things. "And what the hell will Fury do? Was that the last time I will see him? Hear from him?" She did not notice Loki coming up behind her. He touched her shoulder and she jumped.

"Sorry Little Assassin." Loki chuckled. "Are you alright?" She looked up and smiled.

"I'm exhausted." She leaned against the wall. "I feel... confused I think."

"Tell me."

"Like... I'm pissed at Fury but relieved. I want to punch Steve in the throat especially with the way he has talked about Tony. Hill knew the entire time and didn't warn be before I went off on Steve... I don't feel apologetic about it at all but... I feel guilty that I took so much out on him... I also feel helpless since no one will let me help." Loki put his arm around her and pulled her into him. Her head rested on his chest as he stroked her hair.

"All of those are fine to feel. I mean with Fury faking his death, his fake death being so realistic, everything with Rogers, all the work you have been doing for me, SHIELD about to no longer exist, and Fury about to take off under the radar. Not to mention getting the scepter and your memories back. It's a lot Little Assassin. Sometimes it is ok to take care of yourself and be selfish."

"I'm always selfish Fancy Pants." She started to dose off as Loki continued to play with her hair.

"What do you mean?" Loki looked down when he did not receive an answer and saw that she was asleep. "Sleep well Little Assassin and know that between us, I'm the selfish one." He bent down and kissed the top of her forehead. Little did he know that she was still a little bit conscious and felt the kiss. She kept her eyes closed but she was sure that her cheeks were red.

----

She was so exhausted that she did finally fell asleep on the way back to the tower. Loki carried her to her bed and put her under the covers. When he walked out of the room he met with Bruce, Tony, and Thor to update them to only be told that SHIELD was destroyed.

"Reindeer Games... She talks about SHIELD like a second home. This will crush her." Tony says.

"This was the plan we all made with Fury. It will be alright. This just means Steve and Natasha will be here full time. I am not sure how that will work with her and Steve though." Loki mumbled the last part.