Chapter 7 : And So She Opens Up...A Little

Y/N was in the training room throwing daggers at multiple different targets as she waited for Thor and Loki to show up. Though her day started out rough, it was turning into a great day. As her mind wandered she thought about last night and the few moments she had with Loki. Then she missed her target the first time during this training session. She shook her head and then remembered how cold she was to him this morning.

"DAMN IT!" She yelled walking up to the target while also kicking over one of the dummies. Once she reached the target she crouched down to the ground and held her head.

"Why does he get me so flustered? Although.... I shouldn't have been so cold to him today..."  She thought. She then shook her head and stood up grabbing her dagger and turned only to freeze to see a snickering Thor and a smirking Loki.

"What?!" She glared at both of the gods in front of her.

"N-Nothing." Thor says trying to stifle his snickering. "Why w-w-were you..... on the ground like th-that?" Thor's snickering turned into pure laughter. The scowl on her face only grew darker. She then turns to Loki who was chuckling himself.

"You two are idiots." She states grabbing the rest of her daggers and storms towards them. While staring at both of them she throws the daggers behind her, hitting every single target as a bullseye. "Are we training or what?" She says turning to Loki. Thor took that as his que to go to the observing area on the floor above this one. As he leaves he takes Loki's ring and the two wait until Thor was visible in the room Fury and Tony were in the other day.

"Why were  you crouching like that?" Loki says with a smirk. "What could you possibly have been thinking about so intensely?" Her face then was hit with a very light pink shade. Loki took notice of this and smirked as if he knew. She lifted her head high and responded.

"Sorry about this morning." Loki looked at her surprised, that wasn't what he thought she was thinking.

"This morning?" He then remembers how panicked she was and then how cold she was. "Ah..." He was shocked as he thought she was still flustered about last night, especially since she seemed in a better mood than this morning. He quickly turns to see Thor was staring with his arms crossed.

"I-I-It was..." She follows Loki's gaze to meet Thor's and quickly drops the subject. "W-What are we learning today?" She felt her face get a little warm and she quickly turned her back to Loki to collect herself. She isn't good at apologizing nor was she good at explaining her feelings. She then started shaking her head confused as why she felt the need to explain why she was acting that way this morning. Fury was right, she did alienate herself but for good reason. Loki noticed her acting this way and was confused as to why he wanted to hear her out and reach out to her.

"Remember how to summon your magic like I taught you yesterday?" Loki asked. She nodded. "Good. Do it." She did as she was told still not facing Loki. She took a deep breath and smirked. She turned to face him holding up her hands.

"Easy peasy Fancy Pants." She wanted it to go back to normal so she could go back to shoving everything back down. 

"Now attack me with it like you did yesterday, only without the anger." Loki prepared himself. She nodded and shot black smoke from her hands but it barely made it to Loki. She looked at her hands confused. "You are used to the magic attacking based on your mental and emotional state. You have to learn to will it. Try again." Loki said prepping himself again.

"I d-don't know..." She hesitates and tries again. Then again, and again, and again. She gets frustrated and makes the magic from her hands as she turns her back to him. She then takes a couple deep breaths and neutralizes her face.