Chapter 66: And So A Bridge Is Built

Days... it's been days since then and Y/n barely talks to Loki. It was driving him insane. He went upstairs shortly after he dropped Frigga off at Stark's that day but he was met with silence and a smile. He tried apologizing so many times and wanted to talk to his fiancé about it but he was still met with silence. Y/n barely sleeps but she talks and acts as if everything is fine around their family. Tonight Loki decided he was going to talk about this regardless. She was shutting him out and it shattered his heart. Y/n then came down the stairs. She froze when she saw Loki's tear stained face.

"Please just... please just talk to me..." Loki cupped her cheeks and made her look up at him.

"W-What's there to talk about? You were right it was just you and the girls..." She choked out. "I... I left you guys because I screwed up! I got Thanos too late! So much so you don't remember that I'm here now! That you aren't by yourself!" Loki captured her lips as she began to sob. Tears pouring from both their eyes. The kiss was long and passionate. They broke for air and Y/n went back to sobbing, she buried her face into Loki's chest.

"You didn't leave... you were taken away from us... I'm so so so sorry Little Assassin. I never ever wanted to hurt you like I have done. You were extremely missed my dear. Please believe that." Y/n could only nod and hug Loki tighter.

"I just... I don't know where I fit in anymore... I was never here until now..." Loki's heart dropped. Pepper was right. "I then realized that maybe I can jump in to help with spats between you and the girls or I could... I could... I don't know! I just don't know if I'm allowed to jump in to be honest!"

"Allowed?" That word felt off to Loki. "Darling what do you mean by allowed?"

"I... I don't know..." Loki tilted her head up gently as he searched her eyes.

"You are more than allowed. Frigga and I have talked about you being in our lives again multiple times. We want you here. We need you here." Y/n nodded but teared up at Loki's next words. His voice broke as he spoke. "I need you here... Norns do I need you here..."

"Y-You need me?"

"I love you and I need you... I know it must have felt like I didn't when I spoke that way... for that I am truly sorry... and those five years wasn't just me. You were fixing disagreements and keeping us safe even in death. No one but you could do that. I love you so much and I'm scared that you will turn to dust in a second!"

"... Loki... I..." Loki captured her lips again and again and again, only breaking for breaths.

"I need you to believe me that I love and need you..." Loki whimpered out.

"I know you love me Loki... I've never doubted that... I guess I just... I just felt useless... I didn't know where I fit in anymore..." Loki hugged Y/n tightly to him in an attempt to ground her. She melted into Loki and cried. "I'm so sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

"Darling..."

——

"Mommy? Daddy?" Frigga peaked into her parents room and Loki lifted his head. He slowly moved away from Y/n and walked over to his daughter. "Daddy your eyes are red."

"Yes they are. Is everything alright Frigga? I thought you were at Uncle Tony's and Aunt Pepper's..." Frigga nodded but looked down.

"I wanted to come home... Are you sad?" Loki smiled at his daughter's kindness.

"No my little darling. Remember when I told you that sometimes adults need a moment to work through things like you and Morgan do?" Frigga nods. "Sometimes that causes us to cry, feel hurt, feel alone..."

"Do you feel alone Daddy?"

"No..." Loki gulped knowing where this was going.

"But Mommy does?" Frigga whimpered out.

"Sort of.... She is having a hard time with the new normal. Last time she saw you... you were a baby not a big girl like you are now." Frigga nodded and got lost in thought. Y/n then whimpered and Frigga then snuggled up to her mother and fell asleep.