Chapter 9 : And so She's Determined to Regain Her Memories

Y/N was on a ship again only this time she was looking at herself in the mirror. She had scars on her body and looked malnourished. The ship landed and she was thrown from the ship by a blurry figure onto a black rock that was surrounded by vast amounts of stars. If she didn't feel like shit she probably would have loved the view. She couldn't make out any of the figures or understand what they were saying. They were shrouded by black smoke. As they talked she looked at her skin and bone hands that were showing her powers but in a controlled state. She looked up at the shrouded figure and chuckled.

"I may not be able to stop you but I sure as hell can slow you down." She then waved her hands and the black smoke seemed to surround her. Y/N screamed in agony as she felt herself getting shorter. It was like something pushed her out of her body at this point since she then could see herself. She had turned into her 6 year old self and was unconscious. She saw herself being dragged back onto the ship and the minute the ship took off everything went black.

----

She gasped loudly and shot up. It was still dark outside, it had begun to rain. She was hyperventilating when a sharp pain hit her head. Y/N groaned and started rubbing her temples.

"That was a new one..." She mumbled.

"What was?" She leapt out of bed quickly and jerked her arms sending two daggers to her hands. She pointed at the figure as her eyes adjusted. When they did she dropped her daggers and sighed relieved. 

"Shit Fancy Pants... Scared the living hell out of me." She starts to get back into bed and then jumps back out again realizing Loki was in her bed with her. "What are you doing in my bed?!" Loki chuckles knowing that she clearly didn't remember falling asleep on him.

"You wouldn't let me leave Little Assassin." Loki responds and pats the bed like it was his to offer to her. She rolled her eyes and laid back down. "I saw your nightmare the first time I was in this room. I also saw this one. I didn't mean to but..." Loki trailed off and Y/N sighed.

"I probably watch too many movies Loki it's ok." She says with a fake smile which drops when she meets Loki's gaze. His eyes were wide and full of concern. "What is it?"

"I have been on that rock before." Loki says. Y/N looks at him confused and worried. She looks down at her hands as she begins to hyperventilate. "Y/N?" She doesn't hear him as she begins to shake. Tears start to well up in her eyes, threatening to escape. She finally looks up at Loki.

"I-I-If you have b-been there.... Th-Then that place.... is r-r-real..." She states more for herself than for Loki. The panic in her voice was heart breaking. "A-A-And if it's real.... H-How would I be dreaming of it i-i-i-if I have never been there.... unless..." Loki caught on to her thought process and started coming to the same conclusion.

"They are your memories...." Loki finished. The tears disappeared before falling from Y/N's face. She then stood from the bed, grabbing the daggers from her floor and chucked them at the wall. She rolled up her sleeves and took off the device. She grabbed the daggers from it and kept throwing them. Loki got out of her bed. "Y/N, stop." Loki walks up to her as she throws her last dagger still hyperventilating.

"I-If I stop this w-won't..." Loki sighs as she goes to grab her daggers. She comes back to the spot where she was standing and continues to throw them. Loki just watches her. "I h-had a hunch... The space ship... being dragged by my hair.... a-a-and now...." She trails off and sits on the floor. Loki sits next to her and looks at her worried. Then a new realization hits her and she looks at her hands.

"What is it?"

"I turned myself to the age of 6 in this last dream. How old am I really?" Her breathing slowed a little and she faced Loki. "We need to wake Tony." She jumps up to only be pulled back down by Loki.