Chapter 65 : And So Finding a Place

"Is Mommy sleeping?" Frigga asked. Loki chuckled as he made breakfast for his family.

"Your mom is outside." It's been a couple weeks and Y/n was struggling. No one remembers being in the soul realm so she would have to rebuild her friendship with Bucky. She needs to find Wanda who is still off the radar. She needs to figure out her place in her own family again. Y/n has felt out of place but hasn't told anyone since everyone seems to be happy. She doesn't want ruin anything.

"Mommy!!!! Good Morning!" Frigga cheered. Y/n threw her dagger at the tree and turned to her daughter with a smile. Recovery was tough and she shouldn't be training but she was restless.

"Good morning Starshine!" Y/n cheered as Frigga ran into her mother's arms.

"Don't worry I won't tell Daddy." Frigga whispers. Y/n uses her magic to make the dagger disappear as Loki comes out.

"What are my girls up to?" Loki had a world's greatest dad apron on and he had flour in his hair.

"Nothing Daddy. Just saying good morning." Frigga smiled sweetly.

"I know you are lying but I can never figure out what about." Frigga giggled as Morgan ran and tackled her.

"We smelled Uncle Loki's famous pancakes so we decided to drop by." Tony said. Pepper smacked him upside the head.

"You need to tell them when we are coming over. I just dropping in Tony." Pepper scolded.

"No worries Pepper. You and your family are always welcome." Loki stated. Y/n watched the domestic scene in front of her. It was nothing like when she left. Everyone and everything had changed and she wasn't a part of it. Morgan and Frigga were playing and squealing. Pepper, Tony, and Loki had inside jokes that she wasn't a part of anymore. As she watched everything in front of her she suddenly felt that pain in her heart return. Suddenly she felt Mauria's hand take her own.

"Can I show you something?" Mauria asked. Loki looked at his fiancé. He barely caught the panic in her face as it faded quickly but it was there.

"Of course dear." Y/n squeezed Mauria's hand and then followed her. Loki watched his future wife walk away with worry.

"How's she adjusting?" Pepper asked as Tony started playing with Morgan and Frigga. Pepper and Loki's friendship had grown in the past 5 years. So much so that Loki was Morgan's god father.

"I thought she was adjusting fine but now I'm not so sure..." Loki looked back towards Y/n whom Mauria took into her work space for when she was home.

"Has she brought up Natasha?" Pepper asked. "You know since you told her what happened to her."

"She hasn't said a word. She talks to Laura to check on Clint but that's about it." Loki said.

"It'll take time Loki." Pepper reassured him. "Maybe talk to her about how she's feeling? Other than physical. Maybe she just doesn't know where to insert herself."

"Maybe..."

——

"What are these?" Y/n looks around the room and sees a bunch of drawings done by a little kid.

"They are all of you. Frigga saw you watching over her everyday and started to draw you. This one was when she was walking to the lake. Loki was inside grabbing lunch for us and I looked at my phone for a second. She says she saw you watching her. When you shook your head and pointed back to us, Loki and I were panicking so she ran back to us crying and apologized." Y/n looked at Mauria. "To Frigga you never left... I know most people don't remember..."

"I remember that. I remember the soul realm." Mauria looked at Y/n in shock. Y/n turned her attention to another picture. "I remember this... you and Loki had a disagreement about a curfew but then your date didn't show up. Frigga was worried about you and Loki since you two still weren't talk. One of the few times I was able to appear I pointed to the ice cream. She got both of you to help her get the ice cream set up and talk to each other."