chapter twelve

I led the way in my little SUV while Raven followed in his truck, surprisingly we made great time.

Usually driving takes about two hours we made it in an hour and thirty five minutes.

We get to the gate to my land and I hit the switch to open it, driving through I move in enough to let in Raven.

When he clears it I hit the switch again closing it behind us.

Once we pull up I open the garage door for us, and we pull in.

"I think that's the fastest I've ever gotten here before," Raven smiles at me. I return it with one of my own,

"let's hurry and finish unpacking your things then go for a run."

He quickly starts grabbing stuff making me laugh, I open the door for him and go grab some of the boxes from my SUV.

He's standing in the hall sniffing the guest room, "are you not sleeping with me?" I ask half joking.

"I was just wondering why I had smelt my brother in law here, then I remembered you said you brought him with you, I just didn't know that he slept here." He doesn't sound like he's panicking but I get the sense that he doesn't like it.

"Come on babe, if we dont get finished we wont get to see the sunset in this one spot I want you to see," I try to move by him but he gets his butt in gear and races into what will now be our room.

"How bout I bring in everything and you start putting it where it makes sense?" He asks.

"Ok but remember that this was your idea," I point at him and get to work.

An hour later we emptied the last two boxes and flopped on the couch.

"Holy shit when did I get so much crap?" Rave huffs making me chuckle.

"Dude that's not even all your stuff, we left like half at the pack house." I say chilling.

"So ready to run?" Raven asks.

"Your excited to see the place I mentioned before aren't you?" I look at him with a smile. He nods enthusiastically with a smile.

"Ok, let's go!" I run out the door to the trees. I strip my clothes and shift, Kohaku shakes out our fur and we turn to see Ren's dark fur as he walks over to us, his silver eyes shine against his black fur and he rubs his face against ours.

We lick his face, then turn and run.

We hear their foot falls behind us. Then he nips our tail, "HEY!"

"TAG YOUR IT!" he takes off running.

Oh it's on! We tackle them into the lake.

After we let our wolves play for a while, I lead him to the spot I mentioned.

It's the top of a bluff that over looks the rest of the landscape. The sun has just started to set making everything glow in an amber color.

"Its beautiful up here Scar, thanks for bringing me here," Raven links me laying down.

"Just wanted you to see what's officially both of ours," I say laying next to him resting my head on his paws.

He rests his head on top of mine and we watch the sun set, then the moon starts to rise, "a week and three days from now the whole pack will know your mine," he licks my ears and rubs his head on mine. "When you're round with my pups all the other Alphas will too, then no one else will keep hitting on you or I'll be kicking their asses," he says huskily.

"Is sex all you can think of?" I ask teasingly.

"Now that I'm allowed to, YES! lately all I want is to be filling you till we can't move. I want to hold you to me, I feel as if something is missing when you're not there. Your smile makes the room brighter, your laugh makes me feel happy, I feel whole when you're with me," he tells me and I feel the same.

We stay out a few hours longer than race home, I win. I slept good that night, and woke up feeling like a million bucks. Slipping out of bed I head to the kitchen to make breakfast.
I start coffee and then look in the cabinets and fridge for breakfast inspiration.

I remember the last time Rave and Jackie were here I made potatoes with keilbasa, eggs over easy, and tortillas. Raven really seemed to like it so I start making it.

I'm almost done with the tortillas when I hear Rave shuffle up behind me.

"Mmm, this smells good, but not as good as you," he says kissing my mark making me shiver.

"Mornin baby the coffee is ready, I'll be done with making breakfast in a minute," I say.

"Mmm... coffee..yumm," he mumbles letting his hands wonder one cupping my breast the other cupping my sex.
Moaning I rasp out, "Raven I'm going to burn myself stop that!"

"No you won't," he licks my mark.
Forced to turn I move us away from the stove and growl, "behave or no breakfast for you."

He pouts making me groan, "dont give me that look," I kiss him, "I need food or I will die."

He laughs, "you and food," he smiles shaking his head, "alright I'll let you get back to it," his stomach growls making me smile.

"See I'm not the only one," I smirk.

He goes and pours us coffee doctoring mine the way I like it. He sets our cups down getting ready to sit when his phone goes off down the hall.

His happy smile deflates, "let's hope it's not what I think it will be." He walks down the hall to get his phone as I plate up our food.

I'm sitting sipping my coffee waiting for him to come back when I hear his frustrated, "FUCK."

Well looks like one or both of us will be heading back to the pack house. So I start using what I made to make breakfast burritos. I wrap them in foil and put our coffee in thermal coffee cups.

"Well looks like that stupid ass ex of yours pissed off some bad people, I hope your not going to care but he may die soon," Raven doesn't look at me as he says that leading me to believe that he thinks I will care.

I round the island and stand in front of him and still he doesn't look at me.

I reach up and make him look at me, "the boy I knew....who I cared for.... died long ago... leaving a monster in his place. Any love I felt for him died the moment he began to beat the shit out of me. He blamed me for his mother's pain and depression when I had no idea what was happening to her. I never knew Mary had done what she did, if I had... well I don't know if I could have stopped her or not but I was only twelve. How could I be responsible for others actions? He blamed me... he beat me....if he dies because of his actions I will not cry for him. I wont feel anything, because he doesn't matter to me. You on the other hand do mean something to me, you are the love of my life and no one will ever take your place. Do you hear me?" I search his eyes and see that he hears me. The worry that was starting to surface dissipated somewhat.

"I'm sorry it's just, you did love him first. I'm also worried about how his enemies will react, I hope that they dont try anything." He kisses my forehead and closes his eyes. "I have to head back apparently six different Alphas are heading our way." He says clearly bummed we can't just relax here.

"I'm coming with you, I'm going to be Luna I need to stand by you," my tone let's him know I'm not asking.

"Yes, my Luna" his smile is warming.
I put our food in a bag and go change my clothes, we load up in his truck and start making our way back. So much for down time.