Chapter forty four

I didn't even get to see who was behind me. The last thing I remember was Isla and Jenny running towards me, screaming for my attention. Isla had a look of terror while Jenny had a determined to get to me look.

Then nothing, it was nothing but darkness that I felt like I was floating in. I don't know how long that feeling really lasted but I started to notice a change.

First I could feel my limbs were heavy, like I hadn't used them in a while, you know like when you sleep too long without moving? You feel stiff all over, yeah that's what it felt like.

Second came sound, where ever I was it was quiet, not in a creepy sort of quiet, but like a peaceful napping room.

I did my best to open my eyes, they fluttered a bit but didn't open. I didn't let this discourage me, trying again I succeeded only to close them once more. Who the hell left on retina searing lights?

Seriously? Trying again I slowly opened my eyes adjusting to the brightness. Looking at my surroundings it appears that I'm in a hospital room. The only thing is its completely different from ours in the pack hospital, so where in the hell am I?

Trying not to panic I try sitting up, it's WAY more difficult than it should be. Just how long was I unconscious? Sniffing I try to catch a familiar scent and come up empty.

I don't understand what the hell is happening. Before I get the chance to speculate further the door opens and I freeze, my lungs stop working so does my heart. How? How can this be?

"What the hell is going on here? How are you alive?" I ask the person in the doorway trying desperately to figure out what the fuck is happening.

Raven's POV

The battle lasted for about three hours, most of Rohan's followers were killed but some surrendered.

Unfortunately we also suffered casualties. Three of my best warriors lost their lives today, and Alpha Steven was also killed, he died protecting some children that the loyalists had planned to strap bombs to.

He was a good man, and now he's gone, our losses may not have been as extensive as theirs, but regardless of that they are acutely felt by all who knew them.

The mother of one of the children saved by Alpha Steven has decided to openly answer any and all questions we gave that she has knowledge of.

"Those bastards tried to kill my baby, fuck this I did not carry my son for nine months, give birth to him, which was very long and painful I might add! For him to be used like that! If I can help I will, this is my ever lasting gratitude to the brave man who saved my little boy. I only wish he had survived so that I could thank him properly.

You and me both I thought, we had one of his warriors contact his pack, his mate had died last year in child birth with their twelfth child. Now they not only lost their Luna, but their Alpha as well. His eldest son is only fifteen, he will have to take his place as Alpha. It's sad that it has to happen so soon and that his father won't be performing his ceremony, or even be there for him.

We learned Rohan had left already and that the only ones he took with him were the dark witches, "he said that the seal was his priority and we could stay here for now. That piece of shit probably knew y'all were coming and told those dickheads to blow us all up, to kill you. Wait Daphne, oh shit he had sent out Daphne before he left!"
Our informant says hopping on her butt like we know what this means.

"She's his daughter that was learning from the witches! He sent her after the wolf who was born on the blood moon, Luna Frost!" She says panicked.

No I immediately try calling to Scarlett but I can't reach her, Ren tries Kohaku but gets more of the same, nothing.

"Alpha Frost go to your Luna we will handle this, hurry!" Alpha Roger calls to me and I begin running. Not caring about my clothes I shift midair coming down on all four paws I book it home.

"Jackie! Mom! Anyone! FUCKING ANSWER ME GODDAMN IT!!!" nothing I can't reach anyone at the pack house and its pissing me off. Being pissed is better than being scared but it feels like someone is grasping my heart and slowly beginning to squeeze.

"I can't reach Jackie! My wolf can't reach hers either!" Leon yells to me panicked, he's running next to me while Yen is on my left side. My remaining warriors are at our backs, they too report that they are not getting through to their mates and families.

Oh Goddess please, please! Just let this be a distance issue.

My paws ate up the distance between me and my family. What took us four hours before took only two now.

Soon the pack house came into view, "SCARLETT!!!!!" I yell out through our mate link but still get nothing.

I know I'm not the only one as soon I see my sister and the others mates coming out. What captures my notice though is Jenny her head is wrapped in gauze and she's holding her right arm close and steady, telling me it's hurt. What worries me is the look of shame on her face, and worry and fear on the others.

The biggest worry and fear of mine that is most pressing is the fact that I don't see my mate anywhere. Where is Scarlett??

As soon as we are close enough my sister jumps on her mate crying, my sister doesn't cry easy, except when she was pregnant but that's different.

"Alpha please forgive me I have failed you," Jenny kneels in front of me with tears in her eyes.

"What does that mean?" I ask fearing I already know the answer.

"Son, Scarlett is in the pack hospital, and we cannot wake her," my mom cries.

I feel as if I'm in a tunnel, the world around me fades as I sprint to the hospital following Scar's scent. Opening the door to the room she's in I run into Sabrina.

"She's alive, but her mind is else where," Sabrina says holding my arms looking at me, but my focus is my mate who appears to be sleeping.

"How did this happen," I ask my voice sounds like it's coming from someone else.

"It was my older twin sister Daphne, she's a dark witch. Our mother had been a light witch, but died when our father found out, he killed her. She and I are identical except for our eyes. She tricked Scarlett into going to her, when we realized what was happening we rush to her but my sister got to her first, I'm so sorry!" Isla says in a rush, I hadn't realized she was here.

"Is there anything you can do to help her?" I ask desperately but can already tell the answer is no from the despair written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry," she sobs into her hands and Mick having followed her scent comes in and tries consoling her.

I turn once again to Sabrina looking for answers but I'm afraid she has none.

Goddess what now, why does this shit keep happening!?