Chapter seventy one

"Good afternoon!" Jackie winks making me roll my eyes.

"Dude I just woke up, no hanky panky was done this morning." I say sounding miffed which makes the others laugh.

"After you eat we could change that if you want," Raven whispers into my ear making me shiver and blush.

"Stop propositioning my bestie infront of me please," Selena says behind us.

I turn and hug her so happy she is fine, she held me tightly, "I'm so happy you're ok," she says her voice full of emotion.

"Me too," I say leaning back with a smile, "where's Dev and the kids?" I asks and she sobs, I immediately hug her again looking at Raven with huge eyes.

"It's Sabrina," he says knowing that I'm silently asking "WTF". Turning back to Sel I tell her to take me to her.

"Babe you need to eat first," Raven starts to say but the look on my face clearly says "not now" and that never happens.

Selena leads me to the hospital with Raven following quietly behind me. This is the "thing" that they hadn't wanted to tell me yet. We get to the room and open the door.

I don't even notice Dev and the kids as a sob leaves me and I move to her side. She's hooked up to so many things I don't even know what it all is.

"She's in a coma, they just told us that she's not improving, they said the likelihood of her beating this isn't good.... they didn't give her long," Dev's voice comes from Sabrina's other side and it's strained like he's holding in his emotions with great difficulty.

Looking for the first time I look up, I see he has silent tears falling from his eyes as he looks to the woman who has been like a grandmother to him, to his pups.

Selena goes to him hugging his shoulders, holding him from behind his chair. Their pups are all sleeping on the couch in the corner, that's been turned to a bed.

How.... how could this day start so well.... in a matter of minutes turn so dark. Turning back to Sabrina I ask them what I need to hear.

"What....how did this happen?" I ask them and Raven answers for them having already been told.

"She was fighting the fallen elder Alistair, he injected her with the rarest wolfsbane without her knowledge during his final moments. At first they thought that maybe one of her broken ribs punctured her lungs. Dad told me she had coughed up blood before collapsing and they moved her quickly to the hospital and began working on her.

It was later when they ran her blood tests that they found the wolfsbane in her system. From what I learned from the docs I talked to when we got here, it was super concentrated." He says and I know what he doesnt want to say.

"She's going to die... that's what they said isnt it?" I close my eyes waiting for the confirmation I know is coming and Raven holds me from behind.

"Yes baby, they don't think she's going to make it, her spirit is weakening with every second and they have done everything that they can, I'm so sorry." He cries into my hair, Sabrina has become important to us all and now she is going to be taken from us.

"Let me try reaching her," I say and Raven holds me tighter, "no you just got out of the hospital yourself," he says pissed.

I turn in his arms and hold his face in my hands, "please baby I have to!" I cry and I can see the conflict of emotions on his face.

"Fine but after you are eating till you're about to pop to regain your strength you got it!" He says frustration clear in his voice.

I nod then turn back to Sabrina, siting carefully on her bed I take her cool hand in mine and focus.

Opening my eyes I'm near a forest, Sabrina is facing it but sensing me behind her, she turns to me with a huge smile.

"My young padawan learner I'm so proud of you! You saved the world. I'm glad you came to see me off, tell everyone that I love them k," she winks and begins to turn.

"Wait you can't go please!" I cry out.

Turning back to me she sits and pats the floor next to her. "Ok listen to me," she says when I'm next to her, "it's my time to go... I can see my Rafy and Milo, Even and his pup are also there.

Alistair because of his transgressions is barred from entering the forest. He will be forced to reincarnate, this time to live his life as a human. Becca chose to reincarnate with him to lead him down the right path this time so he doesn't lose his way again.

The Goddess was here before you showed up to tell me all this. She also said our baby girl was given a chance to be born again to have a real chance this time.

It's alright to let me go, yes I know it's sad, but I'm going to always love you guys and this is just the next part of my journey.

Tell you what, tell Dev and the others that if they want to see me to meditate, but they are limited to once a day so they need to have good stories ready for me." Sabrina says and I crack up laughing and she joins me because we both know Dev hates meditating, he's told us.

"I'm going to miss you," I say in a wobbly voice and she hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you too sweetie, tell them not to be sad, I'm happy I'm going with my mate and I've missed him so much, and I'm going to see my pup again.

You all have been like family to me, and I love you all so much, but it's time to let me go. I'll try to have funny stories for you when you're old and moldy and it's your time to come here too." She winks at me and I laugh while crying.

We give each other one last hug, "if my daughter had lived I believe she would have been like you," Sabrina says kissing my head, she turns making her way to the forest then I watch as she is embraced by her mate and son.

This isn't how I thought this would go but I can leave knowing she's happy and that we will meet again one day.