Chapter forty eight

Before we could continue I heard Maverick yelling at me, "don't worry I'm not going to leave just don't fall for that guy!" My mom's message stays with me as I open my eyes.

"Are you ok? speak to me?!" Maverick says shaking me.

"Why are you shaking me?" I ask careful not to bite my tongue.

"Because I've been calling you for ten minutes and you've been elsewhere.. are you ok?" He says letting go of me.

"Fine, peachy... what do want Maverick?" I ask bored.

"I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He smiles but it drops when I shake my head, "why, why won't you give me a chance, why don't you love me anymore, why are you trying to run from me?!" By the end he's yelling.

I open my mouth to answer but he's already cutting me off, "don't feed me some Bullshit about how you are from some other world where we're not together again!" His face is red and his eyes are hard.

"Then get out, we have nothing to say to each other," I say with finality.  I wouldn't have minded being friends but he doesn't want that he wants more than I will ever give him.

Pissed off he turns and punches a hole in the wall making me flinch.  I remember what it feels like to be that wall, never will I be that wall for him again.

"Leave," I say calmly, and he does slamming the door on his way out.

I get up and lock the door from this side, then move back to where I was and meditate once again.

Raven's POV

Holy crap Scar's dad is the toughest person I've ever fought.  One of his tricks is to cut all unnecessary movements and saving your stamina.  I never realized how much energy I would waste till now.  His movements were so fluid it was a awesome experience even if he kicked my ass repeatedly, till finally I started to keep up. It only took forever, he said that because we're in my dream we had plenty of time to train me.  On the outside I'm not losing any time either.

"What do I do? Or should I say how am I going to reach Scarlett? And are you sure this isn't hurting our pup?" I ask my anxiety taking over.

"Son, I already told you my grandpup is doing just fine, he may have made his momma zap herself a few times during her training but he's fine.  As for getting to my daughter, her mother is helping to prepare her. 

When the moment comes she is going to reach for you and you are going to pull her out.  At some point you will have to meditate and focus only on my daughter, while you do that I'm going to see her, but we can do that we need to keep training so let's get back to it!" He says taking a fighting stance.

"Wait! I'm having another son!"I ask smiling, "how did he zap is mom?" I quirk an eyebrow as I ask trying to imagine it.

"Yes, my daughter is pregnant with a son, and he has the same lighting element as his momma, now let's get back to work so I can go see her before you get her out."

We begin to spar, my focus is on only this so that I can bring Scar back to us I have to hurry. 

Scarlett's POV

"Are you alright?" my mom anxiously hugs me close, as I always wanted her to. 

"Yes, I'm fine he punched a wall... he hasn't hit me, yet.  Don't worry," I rush to say as I see the look of horror on her face.  "I won't be his punching bag ever again!" I say with a strength I only discovered after I met Raven, before I met him, I knew I was strong enough to take a beating, and I was strong enough to leave a life I was stuck in that only caused me misery.  Now I am strong enough to fight back, I will never let him hurt me like he had or should I say the real Maverick hurt me.

My mom looks me over then nods, "ok let's work on your spirit training, it's all about strengthening your spirit.  Keeping your heart strong...your mind sharp....your conviction... your will.. it must be unwavering.  To defeat the Dreggs you must hold nothing back.  Have no doubt you are strong enough to handle this.  You have braved many storms, I'm so proud of you, you are loved by so many.  You are not alone, you carry us with you always." My mom's voice is strong but calming.

I can feel the love and power of her words filling me. My heart feels so warm, my soul feels as if a piece that I didn't know was gone has been fixed.  I feel as if I can take on any challenge.

"That's good, you are doing great now..." I don't get to hear her next words as I'm force to leave the peaceful clearing.  Opening my eyes I'm back in the bedroom the door has been kicked in half and a drunken Maverick approaches me.

" yoooou.. arrr ..miinnne, n I'm... I'm gunna makkke yooouu feeel good..." he slurs then charges me.

I dodge him and kick out his feet sending him flying forward into a wall.  Jumping to my feet I run out the door and book it down the hall.  I can hear that moron chasing after me.  Taking the stairs as fast as I can without killing myself I make it to the ground floor.  I can hear people in the kitchen off the main entrance so I hightail it to the back door.

I hope he knocks himself out falling down the stairs! I open the back door run across the backyard desperately trying to get to the woods.  If I can just get far enough away I can hide!  FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW!!