Chapter sixty three

Sabrina's POV

"Tell me Alistair why is that you killed Even? Is it because he knew that what you're doing is wrong?" I ask as I look into his dead eyes.

"You were always supposed to be ours!" He says again.

"What about Becca? She was your mate are you saying loving her was a mistake?" I ask hoping he says no.

"I could have had you both, I should have had you both! Why didn't you want me?!" He asks starting to get louder again.

"Because I had my mate and I loved him with all of my heart and soul, I couldn't love you like I did Rafy, it wouldn't have been fair to you to give you less than what I had been able to give my mate. Even knew that, he and my wolf agreed that we couldn't give you what you wanted." I said still hoping he would hear me, that he wouldn't make me kill him. If push comes to shove I will, like I told him, to save him from the monster he's becoming I will end his life.

In my peripheral vision I can see the dark witches he's come with are trying to figure out how to get past the barrier. They begin chanting something that I hope doesn't work, but as the others that had been on watch arrive elder Wilson grits his teeth.

"What ever they are doing it's working if we don't stop them soon I won't be able to keep up the barrier!" He says through our private link.

Pulling out my silver zenbon I throw them at the witches killing two by stabbing them through the eye. Pulling out my silver daggers I send Alistar a smirk.

The look he gives me shows he just remembered how good I am with blades. Every warrior learns hand to hand and some type of weapon, especially white wolves.

My specialty was always blades, he was more adept with tonpha. Sure we all learned to use guns but it lacks in aesthetics.

Elder Angela pulls out her brass knuckles putting them on and taking a fighting stance. We are preparing ourselves to fight our fallen elder and his new play mates.

"What is it you all hope to gain by letting those monsters loose?" Elder Jeffery shouts at them.

It is the million dollar question that we all have been wanting to know.

"To cleanse this world of your filth!" One of the remaining witches spits.

I could be wrong but I don't think she likes us, damn and here I was hoping we could swap cake recipes, I think with dripping sarcasm.

"If anyone is filthy it's you!" Elder Susan yells back.

"You filthy mutt! SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" The witch begins charging us only to stop just before she hit the barrier. She sneers, "did you think I was that stupid?"

"You are," elder Angela says as she quickly reaches through the barrier grabbing the dark witch's shirt and yanking her, she runs right into the barrier.

Screaming she throws herself backwards as flames engulf her body. Falling to the floor she attempts to put herself out by rolling around on the floor. Unfortunately for her this does nothing for her as she continues to burn.

One of the witches runs to her to aid her by throwing dirt on her, then water when that does nothing. They sit back not being able to touch her.

Her screams continue till she dies, "if the rest of you don't wish to die I suggest you leave and rethink your lives," I give them one last chance to hightail it out of here.

"YOU FILTHY MUTTS I'll KILL YOU!" The only male dark witch/ or is it warlock screams at us as he's crouched by the witch elder Angela yanked into the barrier.

"NO!" elder Wilson yells as the other dark witches finish their chant making him crumble to the ground holding his head.

"Shit," elder Jeffery mutters as the dark witches rush us.

"Leave Sabrina to me!" Alistair calls out.

And our battle has begun.

Jackie's POV

We've been sitting here for a while just talking and keeping an eye on our pups, when I noticed that the elders moved towards the opening of the cave.

"Somethings up," I whisper to Selena and she nods having noticed as well.

The elders come back and have us all keep quiet just incase. Selena and I go and get in front of our pups, my mom and dad also stand by us. Alpha Dante goes over by the elders to stand guard as well, he has only been an Alpha for a short time but he's doing well.

I hear my pup whine and know he's worried, looking over my shoulder I see Rosemary holding out a flower to him, its lavender and it's scent calms him.

Where did that come from? Filomina let's out a small whimper as well and again my niece hands over some lavender. Holy crap she's using her ability to calm them with soothing flowers.

I'm so proud of my niece, helping where she can even though she is still so young.

Above us in the distance the sounds of battle can be heard. The elders here link us to be as quiet as we can and not to have fear. They have masked the cave, making it so it will be difficult to find, but should the enemy come they would give their lives to shield us.

My dad whispers to me, "remember you are pregnant and should fighting here occur you are not to engage, I know you are a warrior and a strong one at that but your pup must come first. Do you understand me?" He asks looking deep into my soul, he knows not being able to protect everyone is driving me nuts but he's right and I do understand.

I nod and place a hand on my still flat tummy, "yes dad I know, I will trust in you all to keep us safe."

"Good now stay here I'm going up with the others," watching my dad go off to fight and not being able to help hurts but I have Faith in him and our comrades.