Chapter seventy two

When I come back to myself, I'm in Raven's arms, his gentle hold on me is firm and tightens slightly as the machines attached to her head start to go off letting us know that Sabrina is gone.

"Why? What happened? Didn't you talk to her?" Dev asks in anguish as he holds Sabrina's hand.

Sniffing I turn to him, "She said to say that she loves us all, but it was time to start the next step in her journey. Her mate and pup were there waiting for her, she was so happy...." I say with a rueful smile.

"Did Grammy want to leave us behind does she not like us?" Haley asks in her sad little voice.

"No she loves you all very much, and she said if you want to talk to her you need to meditate and she will come to see you but you can only do it once a day, and you need to have a good story for her," I say smiling and the kids all start trying to meditate.

"Meditation... I hate meditating," Dev grumbles quietly and I start laughing making him look at me.

"Sabrina said you would say that," I say and he cracks a smile.

"Thankyou for talking to her I should have known that no one could bring her out unless it was what she wanted," Dev says and Selena hugs him.

"On a more serious note, what are we going to do with her remains? The other elders were all sent to the sanctuary?" Selena says sitting in Dev's lap.

(Perhaps I should explain.. the sanctuary is a special mausoleum like place ment for the ashes of the white wolves. Should the remains not be claimed by their loved ones or the wolves themselves wish it, they are sent there.

After the cremation is done the remains are put in an urn, and the urn is put in the middle of a special array. Once that's done an incantation is said, the array activates and the remains are transported to the sanctuary.

The sanctuary is a secret place and thus this is the only way to send our fallen white wolves there.)

"Grams once told me where her mate and pup were burried, I think she would be happier next to them," Dev says wiping the tears off his face and we all agree.

"The funerals are set for three days from now," Raven says, "mom just linked me, would you guys mind if we cremated her here so we can all say goodbye?" Rave asks hopeing Dev agrees, and he does.

That night I couldn't help it I cried myself to sleep in Raven's arms, I cried for all those we lost and those that loved them.

I cried because I was happy that my mate and pups survived, that my family is safe, that the greatest Danger the world has ever known is gone.

I cried because I didn't lose everything again, I have a man who loves me and I love him with all that I am. I'm a lucky woman to have all that I do, and I will never forget to cherish it.

It's been three days and today we are saying goodbye to those we love who have gone to the eternal forest. We all gathered out back on the training fields as that's the biggest space available.

A makeshift stage has been set up in the front. Raven and I head up to the front and up on stage. Raven puts a hand on my lower back before he starts to speak.

"Today we say goodbye to those who have fallen, they have gone ahead to the eternal forest where we will one day meet again.

Today we celebrate the time we had with them, we show them how much they ment to us by continuing on, that they didn't die in vain.

To our fallen!" Raven shifts and howls out for our fallen, those who can, do so as well.

Then he leads a run for our packs (since Dev's pack is still here). Those that are unable to join in help set up the banquet and leave out extra clothing for those that shredded theirs and can't find more.

I was helping with setting up the food when Jackie came over to me.

"How are you holding up?" She says with a worried look.

"I'm doing alright, I mean yes I'm sad but she left to be with her mate and pup who she loved and missed so much. She was so happy... how could I not be happy for her?" I say wistfully.

"Then I guess I'm happy for her too, but what happened to that evil elder? Please tell me he didn't get in after all this?" Jackie says with a pissed off look.

"No since he killed his wolf, he was barred from entering. His wolf is there with his pup though.

No Alistair was reincarnated, except this time he will live out his life as a human. Rebecca, his mate decided to reincarnate to be with him, she wants to lead him down the right path this time." I say and Jackie has I thoughtful expression on her face.

"Will they have any memories of this life do you think?" She asks and I shake my head, "I doubt it but I guess they could. Something tells me that they won't so that way they can start fresh. I hope that they can find each other, its harder for humans to find their other half."

"That's true, but now our children won't have to live in fear of the Dreggs so there's that," she says with a smile and I return it.

We get back to helping set up, but are turned away when it was more heavy lifting so we went to check on our pups.
Right now the pups are under the peach tree I grew, hanging out with Ilsa and her new pup while being watched over by Mick.
He almost lost his arm not to mention his life, but thanks to Dev and the Stealth witches he was saved.
So many were saved by the stealth witches we are so lucky that they came to our aid.

Using my ability over earth and nature, I make a bench under the tree with a dedication to our fallen and those who helped us. It's not much but it's something, sitting down I watch my pups playing, I'm so thankful.

"Hey it's time to eat guys," Raven says walking up.

"Da...da," we both turn to our pups and Azure holds up his arms "da...da"
"Did he just say dada?" Raven asks surprised and I nod. Laughing excitedly he lifts our first born and asks him to say it again.

He's so excited it's funny.