Chapter forty

After finishing the "mate approved" twenty pieces of custom jewelry, I wrote thankyou notes for continued patronage. I also wrote a note on my web page thanking my loyal customers and fan base for their understanding and devotion to my work.

Sending off a message to my currier survice, I set up the packaging and delivery for the pieces I've just finished and wait for them to be picked up.

Twenty minutes later Yen knocks and walks in after I tell him to enter.

"Luna there is a currier survice here for some of your jewelry?" He sounds confused.

Giggling I hand him a tray with my finished work.

"Wow! these are amazing, you made these?" Yen asks surprised.

"Yes, I have an online store I sell them on, and Yen it's just us you can call me Scarlett," I say smiling.

"I had no idea you made jewelry," he says.

"Raven never mentioned it?" I ask surprised.

"Not that I recall," he says thoughtful,
"maybe it just never came up or I forgot," he shrugs.

Laughing softly so I dont wake the kids I joke, "must be hard being old."

He chuckles, "ha ha very funny I'm only five years older than you," he smiles and takes the tray. "I'll see that these are properly packaged before they head out."

"Thanks Yen," I say and he nods and heads downstairs.

Ok I stretch feeling surprisingly sleepy and decide to take a nap.

However my nap was short lived as my pups woke me to tell me that they were starving.

One by one I breastfed my hungry little ones, then I burped each in turn. After they each were fed I decided to play with them so I can hear their tiny giggles.

Their laughter is my new favorite sound. I started off tickling them and playing with their toes. Then moved on to making faces, which the boys thought was hysterical.

I then chose to read them a book of nursery rhymes, so I ended up singing most of them. The girls would gurgle along to my voice, I like to think helping me sing the rhymes.

One of my favorite things is hearing them talk to me or each other, I don't know it just seems so magical in a way, its probably just because I'm a new mom.

After a while they all slowly start falling asleep once more and this time I nap with them.

Raven's POV

Yes, even though the up coming battle and figuring out where the hell Rohan is hiding himself are important, I still have a pack to run I have to make sure things are going smoothly. That the elderly are being properly treated and cared for should they need the assistance. That the children are being trained well and are all safe and accounted for. That our warriors are trained and ready at a moment's notice. That and so much more, I've been in meetings on the phone, tackling mountains of paperwork, and been down to the training areas to observe.

At one point this morning Scar had asked if she could work on some pieces that had been ordered on her online store. At first I was irked that she wanted to, but I appreciated that she would ask me since she did promise to take it easy.

Knowing her before long she's going to be going nuts not doing anything. So I compromised and gave her a number of pieces that I thought was reasonable and she agreed.

It's been about three hours since then I wonder how she's doing.
Walking in from checking in with the trainers, I see Yen supervising Scarlett's currier in packaging her work to be shipped out.
Making my way over Yen looks up and gave me a nod.

"What's going on over here?" I ask feigning ignorance.

"Well looks like that's it please let Ms. Scarlett know I'll send her the notices of delivery as usual, please wish her well for me." The currier says as he takes the boxes with the packages in them out to his truck.
Thanking him for his efficiency Yen closes the door.

"How is she?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"The Luna was doing well, hey how come you never told me she makes jewelry?" Yen asks.

"I did, it was back before we got together. You and Sylvie had just had your first baby." I say and he gets a thoughtful look on his face. (A.n./ he totally made that up)

"I don't remember that," he sighs.

"What," I laugh.

"Scarlett said I was old maybe she's right," he says with a funny look and I just shake my head.

"Dude that was years ago and I only mentioned it once in passing." He looks unconvinced but we let it go and head to my office to get back to work again.(a.n./ that's true)

As soon as I step in I see Leon with my sleeping nephew strapped to his front, while he and Jackie go through stacks of paperwork.

"Jacks shouldn't you be resting or something?" I say and they turn to me.

"No I'm fine and ready to get back to work or at the very least helping my mate so he doesn't have to do it alone," she says flipping through some papers.

"Hey happy wife happy life man," Leon says patting Justin's back.
Rolling my eyes I ask to hold my nephew and Leon passes him to me. He looks like a perfect mix of them both, he has my sister's nose and lips, but has his dad's eyes and hair color.

To me he looks so much bigger than my pups but then again he had more room to stretch. Talking to him I say, "you and your cousins are going to be the best of friends. You're going to grow up strong and wise and you will be there for each other. And we're going to teach you to cook so you don't burn down the kitchen like your daddy," I say and Leon says "Hey" while we all laugh.

"I didn't burn down the kitchen, it just stunk like burn food and smoke for a while," he says making us laugh harder.

"It's ok baby I love you even if you can't cook to save your life," Jackie says kissing him and he rolls his eyes.

"You had better," he says kissing her and I start bouncing Justin lightly and he snuggles close for a second then whines for his daddy.

Handing him back, I go to my desk to sit then Dev calls.

"That asshole has killed half his pack for not wanting to follow him, he's left pieces of them along the allied territories. He spared no one it's bad, we have to do something."

"That ...." I stop myself from cursing mindful of the tiny ears near by.

"Were there any who survived?" I ask already dreading the answer.

"No, the worst were the pups, and the pregnant wolves. I'm going to have nightmares forever I think, any mate or parent would." He says sounding haunted.

It may be selfish but I'm thankful that I didn't see first hand, it's bad enough they may show me photos but I doubt it when we get together again.

"I'm calling a face to face meeting, that bastard has out lived his welcome on this earth, it's time we showed him deaths door and pushed him through it."