Chapter eighteen

The morning light filtering in the window curtains wakes me up, I roll over reaching for Raven but the bed is empty on his side and the sheets are cool meaning he has been gone a while.  Frowning I sit up bringing the sheet with me to cover myself with.  The pendant that sits just between my breasts is heavy and not at the same time.

Raven told me last night after we made love and before sleep took us that it's not just an heirloom but protection.  It has a very strong protection spell on it making the wearer almost completely impervious to anything.

That leads me to believe that he thinks my life may be in danger.  I mean I know all the previous Lunas wore it as a symbol of their station, but I haven't officially been made Luna.  Just before Dev left he took Raven to the side for a minute for "guy talk" and he's been acting a little funny since.   It's not that noticable but I can tell.

Sighing I get up and go to the bathroom to do my business, once I finish I go to the closet grab some leggings and one of Rave's shirts.  I wonder what's for breakfast.

I start down the stairs stopping by Raven's office on the way, but he wasn't there, hmm ok where is he I wonder while going to the kitchen.  Walking in I expect to see him there but he's not, ok time to mind link.

"Oye, where are you?" I link him annoyed.

"Morning baby I'm helping train with our warriors right now, you seemed a bit worn out so I let you sleep.  What are you doing?"he asks.

"I'm in the kitchen," is all I get out.

"Should have known," I hear his amusement.

"Hey dont mock my food!" I say looking for something to eat.

"I left you some breakfast burritos in the fridge, they shouldn't be to cold yet," he tells me making me smile.

"Thanks honey! Do you need my help after I eat?" I ask grabbing my food luckly he's right I wont need to warm it up.

"No we're almost done, ok they are trying to get my attention eat up babe see you in a bit." He cuts the connection and I sit at the table and eat my breakfast.

I was on my laptop checking to see if and what orders came in for me to work on when I get back to the house when Rave linked me.

"Babe Dev is on his way here come to my office please," he said.

"Do I need to look formal or can I keep on my outfit?" I show him a mental image of my clothes.

"Not that I mind, but what's with you and my shirts?" He sounds amused.

"It smells like you, it makes me feel good, and face it.. I make this shit look good," I say with sass.

His laughter makes me smile and fills me with warmth, "you can keep it on get your sexy ass over here!"

"Let me finish something for work real quick and I'll be there in 3 minutes give or take," I say typing and clicking away on my computer.

"I thought you quit the agency!" I feel his anger.

I roll my eyes, "I did, but I still have my online custom jewelry and crafts store business, REMEMBER?"

"Sorry just the thought of anyone besides me making you make those sweet sexy sounds you make, pisses me the fuck off!" He growls out.

"I know that, and I dont want anyone else but you to get me that way, ok let me finish this before he gets here!" I say trying to focus back on my work.

Ten minutes later I was finally able to make my way to Raven's office.
"I THOUGHT YOU SAID THREE MINUTES WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?" He yells at me as soon as I close the door.

"One, dont talk to me like that I told you I was working and finished as fast as I could, they had a huge order that's due in six months, thank the Goddess I remembered to put the advanced warning sign on my page.
Two, why are you so mad?" I ask perplexed.

Without answering he gets up and stalks towards me, I hold my ground waiting to see what he will do.  Then he envelopes me in a hug, sticking his face in the crook of my neck.  His body is tense and it's starting to worry me.

"Raven please tell me what's wrong, how can I help if you don't let me? Please don't shut me out," when I say this my voice cracked just a little but it was enough for him to know how bothered I truly was.

He pulls back so that we can see each others eyes, sighing he leads us to his desk chair, where he sits and sets me on his lap.  "I'm sorry, it's just Dev really thinks the prophecy is true, if he's right you may have to go with him to see the white wolf.  She may have to train you who knows how long that could take.  He also mentioned before he left that others may try coming for you." He says playing with my necklace.

"That's why you gave me this isn't?" I say softly looking into his eyes and they say so much.

"Yes, I can't imagine a world without you, if something were to ever happen to you..." he can't even finished the thought, and he doesn't have to because I feel the same.

"You make me whole, and I will never leave you willingly without a fight!" I tell him in a fierce whisper.

He kisses me fiercely with passion, lust, and love, till there is a knock on the door and Yen sticks his head in, "sorry to interrupt but Alpha Devil is here to see you," he says stepping in.

"Let him in," Rave answers.

Dev walks in thanks Yen for the escort and sits down in front of us.

"So what news do you gave for us?" I ask nervously.

"Its worse than I originally thought it was," he says gravely and leans back in his chair, "what do you guys remember about Dreggs?"
And with that one word our blood runs cold.