food

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
y/n's pov

the ride to the match was quiet. I had my headphones on, still quite embarrassed by what happened, so I tried my best to avoid suna's constant staring.

we finally reached our destination. I quickly got out of the car semi was driving and waved him goodbye.

my bags in hand, I started walking towards the building, letting suna follow behind me. I stopped near the entrance when I heard suna talk, running towards me.

"hey y/n wait for me. can we talk?" he said. I know what he wants to talk about but I'm not ready to embarrass myself or, worse, ruin our friendship.

"what? oh uhhh-"

"Y/N" someone called me over and I immediately turned my head to look for the familiar voice.

"uh. HEY YUKIE BAE"

"y/n what the fuck" suna spat while I ran to yukie. we exchanged numbers during the last game so we could stay in touch.

"go find your team foxy" I waved him off and he stayed there, looking at me entering the building.

"sooo you got the food?" yukie asked as soon as we started walking through the hallways.

"yeah... let's go in our room, I'll give it to you there"

we reach the manager's room and get inside. I get greeted by the rest of the girls there before me and yukie sit on my bed to eat some candy I had in my bag.

"we're having a girls night tomorrow... since none of us have matches." kiyoko suddenly said approaching us.

"oh yeah sure..."

"when are we eating?" yukie asked and my head shot to kiyoko's direction, waiting for an answer.

"there's food here??? hell yeah" i do a small victory dance before kiyoko cuts me off, saying something I never wished to hear.

"we cook the food here l/n. that means you too"

"sucks. I don't know how to cook" I said with a devilish smile, thinking I would get away with it.

"that's okay. I'll show you how to make some dishes" yachi said and my smile dropped almost instantly.

"oh."

"y/n" yukie poked my sides with her elbow.

"thank you yachi-san"

"y-your welcome??" yachi stuttered and I gave her a small smile.

we kept talking and gossiping until it was time to make the food for the teams. i started cooking some recipe yachi told me was easy, when I felt someone near me rummaging through the fridge.

"can you pass me the salt?" I said and a large hand slammed the salt shaker down beside me.

"hey chill what th- oh. you're kyotani right?" I looked up and saw the guy oikawa set me up with standing beside me.

"oikawa talked to you" he spat out.

"he did."

"this asshole" we both said at the same time and went back to our business. a few minutes passed and I noticed he was still in the kitchen, so I decided to start a conversation.

"...isn't he your senpai or something?" I asked him and he came towards me.

"hm... I don't understand ho-"

"how he and iwaizumi-senpai are friends?" I said suppressing a laugh.

"yeah... how did you know?" he was quite confused